Are you looking for the best social sharing plugins for a WordPress site? There are hundreds of WordPress plugins available to help your site go viral. These plugins are very helpful to beginners and advanced users to make your site and content organic. To take advantage of these plugins, install them correctly into your WordPress blog and you will gain a lot for a better online and social presence.
Social sharing improves blog traffic and rankings. Placing good social sharing icons is very important for every blog. When the users like your article, they will share your blog post link with their friends on social media. Here I did smart research on a good social sharing WordPress plugin list. Of course, finding the best WordPress social sharing plugin list is not easy.
To allow users to share your content on social networks is more difficult than it should be. Do you not agree?
There are thousands of plugins in the WordPress repository. However, I have time to install and uninstall the WordPress social media plugin too often.
In my opinion, it should be much easier for any user to find a plugin to share anything on social networking functions to do what you really ask. Then there is the issue of how to get support when needed.
The reality is that there is a WordPress social sharing plugin made for you out there. I made a smart list for you.
These are the best WordPress social sharing plugins to allow sharing content on social networks. I think that this list can help you answer those questions typical of what social networking plugin is installed.
Every digital marketer and blogger should know about the Social presence theory.
Whether it adds social buttons, counts followers, encourages social action, or monitors social networks from your WordPress blog, there is a plugin designed for you, either free or premium.
Choose the best Social sharing plugin
Before choosing the social plugin, you need to follow a few checklists. Most of the time, after using the social media plugins, we observe performance issues on every WordPress site.
Because few of the plugins load CSS scripts, style sheets at the back end, which slows down the website. So you need the basic balance of social plugins between features and performance.
So you need to know which plugin is better for your WordPress site with lots of features and better performance. Adding some additional options and reducing the clutter for a better user experience. Most of the social media plugins allow you to display their social icons before the article, below the article, and in the sidebar.
So you need to decide where to display the social icons if the plugin has the option. We listed the best social media sharing plugins for WordPress here.
Best WordPress Social Sharing plugins List
“Sharing is caring.” This is one of the motivational headings, appears after installing the below-listed plugins. Yes, sharing and caring are very important in blog promotion.
The social sharing plugins for WordPress users give the option to share your content through their social accounts.
This is one of the important points in SMO (Social Media Optimization). These are the best social sharing plugins for WordPress.
In this post, I listed some top-rated WordPress social media plugins that are the most popular and provide complete access to the WordPress dashboard. Just pick any simple social sharing plugin and place the social sharing buttons as per your blog requirements.
Social Warfare is a popular free social sharing plugin with a visually stunning look. This plugin helps you keep the social sharing buttons in various locations on your blog, like above / below your posts, via shortcodes and even floating buttons.
The social warfare plugin gives better results with its more powerful features that give an excellent social sharing boost.
The plugin is giving good results with Pinterest image sharing.
It gives you the option to put tweetable quote boxes anywhere in your content, and it comes with quality ready-made and predesigned box templates that match the design of your theme.
- Added good support for more popular social networks
- Mobile responsive
- With eye-catching themes
- 100% Pinterest network-specific images uploading support
- Display total social count and individual share count feature
- Click to tweet box feature
- Popular posts widget (it arranges the posts as per social share count)
- If you are not using the Yoast SEO plugin, it has twitter card support integration feature
- The social sharing tracking feature
Price: Free / Starts at $29 per year
Monarch is a new WordPress social sharing plugin for social sharing and exchange created by the team at Elegant Themes. This plugin has some impressive, similar to Easy Social Share Buttons, characteristics such as displaying counters of shares after reaching a certain number of shares.
And you can show social icons in the sidebar or in widgets and monitor social shares from an impressive interface. It also offers several options for color, the latter designed to help encourage readers to share your content on social networks with very interesting buttons with pop-ups and fly-ins.
Note: The plugin is not only well-optimized and built to speed loading of the website, but also provides all the necessary features to encourage social sharing.
- Option to add any of the most popular social networks
- Multiple display options
- You can choose from what number of shares counters shown
- Easy to use interface
- Pop-over and fly-in with social buttons to promote social share
- Option to display icons for social networking widgets or shortcodes
- Monitoring social shares, “like” and “follow” with real-time stats
Price: $89/year (cancel at any time and still have access to other plugins and over 87 WordPress themes).
I have long been looking for a social sharing plugin that suits me for my needs and my website. I have come to pay a developer to develop a custom plugin, but, luckily, I found this completely WordPress social media plugin.
A common problem for most social sharing plugins is that they are usually quite generic and do not give any control over how the accountant’s social shares are.
This plugin is different. It gives you the option to choose different ways to display counters’ shares, including the total number of shares.
You can also choose to disable the counters if they are below a certain number. This little detail is very important.
When you have an item that has been rarely shared on social networks and is showing the number of shares in your content, this tells your readers that it is not being shared.
This has a negative impact on the perception of your visit.
Note: While this sounds great to have so many features at a price.
Recent updates of this plugin have the clunky interface and consume more resources.
- The option of up to 20 social networks
- 12 native social buttons to “like”, follow and subscribe
- Social share counter
- 12 pre-built templates
- 8 different styles of social counters
- Option to place the buttons on various sites
- Text of customizable buttons
- Social Metric
- Supports any custom post type
- Compatible with Woo Commerce, JigoShop, WP eCommerce, and Easy Digital Downloads
Price: Free / $19 Pro Version
Mashshare is another awesome social sharing plugin for WordPress users. It has a clean and eye-catching design.
The free version has fewer features and can be found in a directory of free WordPress plugins.
If you want more additional features you need to go for premium or paid feature for their full functionality
Already more than 70,000 websites have published their great positive reviews on the WordPress plugin repository.
You can share the particular lines from your article with this plugin along with the “Click to tweet” widget add-on.
- With free version supports only Twitter and Facebook buttons
- Popular posts widget based on their social shares
- It supports Twitter cards
- Open graph supportive feature
- URL shortener feature supports Bitly
- Mobile responsive (only available in premium version)
- Share count hiding feature
5. Add This
In addition to the multiple positions that can be displayed, the most important thing is the number of networks and services that can be activated: over 330.
It is necessary to emphasize that anyone, regardless of their CMS (WordPress, Blogger, etc.), can generate buttons and bars floating content recommendations (smart layers) from their website/blog, where they can also record statistics of WordPress social media plugin activity.
Note: As a plugin that takes a long time to market, it has a forum with many unresolved questions.
- Multiple positions for buttons
- Multiple social networks to add
- Content recommendation
- Gallery Statistics
Simple Share Buttons Adder is a simple and easy-to-use WordPress plugin that allows you to add social sharing buttons to your posts and pages.
Once you choose the location, the text, and the image, it is ready to use.
Simply, this is very good and recommended, and has very good social media buttons for websites and blog post sharing.
Note: Personally, I think this plugin lacks important features but is light and very low impact on blog loading speed
- Simple and clean coded plugin
- Several sets of images
- Choice of custom images
WP Social Sharing is the free social sharing plugin available in the WordPress plugin repository. It has 6 major social networking support buttons like Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
On the plugin settings page, you can choose which social buttons to show in your blog post.
Along with the social network choosing option, you can choose the places where you want to appear on posts, pages, media, and custom post types.
- 6 Major social networks support
- Social buttons text customization support
- Mobile responsive
- Shortcode support
8. Digg Digg
The floating toolbar is created by Buffer, already a classic for any WordPress newly installed, its main feature.
In addition, you can embed the buttons of social networks at the beginning or end of the article for a horizontal or vertical format while showing the number of times you have shared content on each social network, allowing great personalization.
Note: This plugin has been closed and is no longer available for download. Here is another plugin, which is similar to the Digg plugin. The name is “Social Share bar” (Digg Digg Alternative).
- Display all popular social sharing buttons with a count, such as Twitter, Buffer, Facebook Share, Facebook Like, Digg, LinkedIn, Reddit, dZone, TweetMeme, Topsy, Yahoo Buzz, StumbleUpon, Del.icio.us, Sphinn, Designbump, WebBlend, BlogEngage, Serpd, Pinterest, Pocket, and Tumblr.
- Facebook Like (Iframe or XFBML), support thumbnail generation, multiple languages, show faces and send button.
- Great customization options.
- Lazy loading to increase website performance.
- Left or right scrolling effect like Mashable.com.
- Support in excerpt mode.
- Support for email and print services.
- Nearly any button out there you can think of.
- Have any suggestions we should include in the next update?
The WordPress plugin Floating Social Bar includes social buttons to share on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest networks. One of its most important features is that it is made to use as few resources as possible.
These plugins frequently consume a large amount of resources, resulting in slower website loading times.
This WordPress social media plugin does not load too much code because each time the button is executed, it simply displays a picture of them. If the user clicks on any button, then carry out the procedure.
Thus, every time a page is loaded but no one clicks on the social buttons, it will not further load the website.
Please keep in mind that social buttons should only be available in the sidebar; do not add buttons above or below the articles or pages.
- Consumes little resources
- It has 20 social networks
Shareaholic is the most popular WordPress social media plugin for sharing content on social networks. It can use to manage content in different ways.
You get access to a variety of different styles for social buttons, which are more striking than the native buttons.
Note: You will have to register an account to access all features Shareaholic can offer, but it’s free, which is awesome.
- Control whether to show counters shares or not
- Support for WordPress, Tumblr, Drupal, Shopify and much more
- Google analytics integration
- Option social analytics
- Mobile responsive social buttons
- Complement-related content and fly-in
Custom share buttons plugin is one of another good social share plugin for WordPress users. Its full name is “Custom share buttons with Floating sidebar”
You can add the basic sharing buttons at the top and bottom of the content.
Another feature of this plugin is, you can choose whether displayed on your homepage, pages, posts or categories/archives with smart control.
- Supports Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google plus
- Sharing buttons placement on homepage, posts, pages, and categories
- Responsive floating sidebar
12. Social Share & Locker Pro
Social Share & Locker Pro is a WordPress plugin for social exchange that comes handy with lots of interesting features. Firstly you can things like flashy add social buttons in your posts and pages.
It also allows you to shield content, which means it can offer, for example, bonds or premium content in exchange for a tweet.
Note: It is very helpful for increasing engagement in your articles.
- 10 tracks including
- Compatible with Woo-commerce, BuddyPress, and JigoShop
- Option shielding content to promote social exchange
- Several placement options
- Option to display counters
- Option to change the button text
- Black and White Template available for $8
Ultimate Social Deux is another great plugin to add social buttons. Their social buttons have totally different plugins most important aspect and have features like counter shares, shortcodes, and several display options.
Note: It also gives you the option to display the counter of followers.
- Fully responsive
- Count fans included
- Native option buttons
- Compatible with various eCommerce solutions
- Support for major social networks
- Several options button locations
- Option to display or not counter shares
AddToAny is an awesome social sharing plugin for adding share buttons to the WordPress blog. The most advanced feature of this plugin is having universal buttons for more sharing feature.
This WordPress sharing plugin helps you to share your blog posts and pages to any service, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Reddit, and more than 100 sharing and social media sites and apps
- Different size social buttons
- Google analytics integration
- Custom icons for stylish display
- Custom placement option of social buttons
- A huge number of social networks support
- Universal email sharing feature to share via Gmail, Yahoo mail, Outlook, AOL mail, etc.
- You can add buttons anywhere on your blog by using shortcodes
- No signup, no login and no account necessary
- Fully mobile-optimized plugin
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) supportive
15. Swifty bar
Swifty bar is a different social sharing plugin. The plugin adds a sticky bar at the bottom of the post that shows category, post title, author, and time needed to read the article, share buttons with share count, and previous/next post links.
The plugin is giving a very user experience with more options. It was well coded with fast loading feature. It doesn’t show any impact on site loading speed.
- The sticky bar shows the post title, category, and author name.
- Shows estimated reading time of your post to the reader
- Added most popular social networks
- Custom post types support
- Two different types of icons with multi-color feature
- Smart share count
16. Social Snap
Social Snap is the leading WordPress social sharing plugin that helps you drive more traffic and increase engagement by leveraging the power of social media. This blog is using Social snap premium plugin from one year.
- The better social sharing feature
- Advanced analytics
- Social Auto poster
- It Boosts old posts
- Special social login
- Social meta tags
- Click to tweet
Price: Free version and The Paid version starts at $39. Paid version + all addons starts at $99.
Are you looking to display your Instagram photos in WordPress? If yes, the Smash Ballon Social photo feed helps you to display your recent Instagram photos on a WordPress site.
You need to generate an Instagram access token and place the provided shortcodes on your site, including pages, posts, and sidebar widgets. It can give the options to display multiple accounts by following the plugin shortcode parameters and feeds as well.
- Powers your Instagram oEmbeds
- Easy to set up
- You can set up Instagram Multiple accounts in the same feed
- Responsive and mobile-friendly
- Easy to customization like width, height, number of photos, columns, background color, and more
- It integrates GDPR compliance with GDPR cookie consent plugins
- Built-in shortcode options, Follow button with a beautiful header
- The features of this plugin help you increase social engagement and save a lot of time
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best social sharing plugin for WordPress?
The best social sharing plugins for WordPress are Social snap, Social warfare, Social pug. These three plugins are available in both free and premium versions. Monarch is another most popular social plugin with an excellent performance rate in WordPress. You can use social warfare and addtoany as the best free social sharing plugins for the WordPress site in the free version.
How do I add social media plugins to WordPress?
The social plugin can add the social media plugins to WordPress from the dashboard > Plugins > Add New section. You will find the hundreds of social media share buttons plugin for the WordPress site in the plugin directory. You can install and activate the plugins free of cost. For better performance, you need to go for the premium version to unlock more features and performance, including technical support.
What are social media plugins?
Social media plugins are simple weapons to share your content on social media platforms. The most common way is sharing the content and likes the content. We listed the best social media plugins for WordPress users to integrate their functionality into your site. There is an easy way of sharing content with other people via social media platforms. The most common way is a Share or Like button. This page discusses the possibility to integrate social media plugins into Wikimedia projects.
How do I add social media links to WordPress without plugins?
Most of the WordPress themes come with inbuilt Social sharing icons, but we cannot track their social media platforms’ performances. If you want to track the shared content performances, you need to upgrade to the premium versions. To install the social.
What is the Monarch plugin?
Monarch is a premium plugin developed by Elegant themes. It is a social sharing and social following plugin, which helps you get more followers and shares on social networks like Facebook and Twitter. It allows different social sharing integration methods like social sharing sidebars, inline sharing buttons, pop-ups, and fly boxes.
Social sharing is essential after publishing a new post. For WordPress users, the above listed WordPress Social media plugins help share their content on Social media. Most of the above plugins tested in my blogs up to a few months. I got excellent results also.
Personally, I am suggesting Easy Social Share Buttons because it is giving good results. Monarch is also one of the Best WordPress Social Media Plugin. In free plugins – Shareaholic WordPress social sharing plugin and Add this is also effective.
Share this article with your friends through Social Media. Have you already installed some WordPress social media plugin for sharing? Please give me your thoughts in the comments.