One of the most common questions I often get from a lot of people is this: “How can I get more traffic to my site from search engines?”
Listen, driving more search traffic to your sites is NOT easy. It takes time. That being said, increasing your search traffic is the FASTEST way to build a profitable blog that makes money.
If you are someone who’s struggling with search traffic, this post is a treat for you where you’ll discover a few of the evergreen SEO tips to get targeted traffic to your sites in 2019 and beyond.
Let’s dive into the details without much ado.
6 Evergreen SEO Tips to Get Massive Traffic
1. Don’t be lazy with keyword research
Whether you know it or not, finding low competitive keywords is the surefire way to SEO success. If you’re struggling to increase your traffic from search engines even after creating lots of content on your site, it might be mostly because you’re NOT doing any keyword research.
Don’t publish another blog post without doing keyword research. It helps you find the right balance between your content and the target audience. That being said, here are a few quick tips to find low competitive keywords no matter what industry you are in.
- Find 4 to 6-word long keyword phrases as they have less competition which means, you can rank for such long tail keywords even if you have a new website.
- Find your competitor’s high traffic generating keywords so you can try using some of them to drive traffic to your own sites too. The key here is to use tools like Semrush, SpyFu, etc to find your competitor’s keywords.
- Carefully analyze the keywords you’re trying to rank for. Are they commercial intent keywords? Or are they informative keywords? By knowing the intent of your keywords, you can target the RIGHT keywords you can use to generate more traffic and sales to your site.
- Research related keyword phrases for your primary keyword. You can use Google suggest, LSI graph, etc tools to find a list of highly relevant keywords for your target keyword as they help you easily get more traffic from additional search terms.
- SEMRush Review 2020: How to use SEMRush to Improve SEO?
- How to find LSI Keywords for a better SEO Ranking? (Free Guide)
2. Publish content REGULARLY
Most people get it wrong about content frequency. They think publishing occasionally is enough to drive more search traffic but here’s the thing: if you want more organic traffic, publish content regularly.
Did you know the sites that publish over 11 times a month generate more traffic? It’s true for both B2B and B2C websites.
Have a look at the following illustration to understand better.
According to Hubspot, websites that published 11+ posts per month had almost 3X more traffic than companies publishing 0 – 1 monthly posts, and about 2X as much traffic as those publishing 2 to 5 monthly posts.
So how to publish more content without compromising the quality? Here are a few tips for you.
- Come up with a bunch of topic ideas for your blog in advance so you can plan to create content around them and schedule well in advance.
- Make it a habit of writing every single day even if you don’t plan to publish daily on your blog. Writing daily makes it easier for you to create a ton of articles that you can use to schedule your blog in advance.
- Take help. You can also hire people to write for your blog as spending money on your content gives ultimate results in the long run.
- If you have a decent domain authority on your blog, you can invite people to write guest posts so you’ll have a ton of more opportunities to plan your blog content frequency.
- How to Write an Article for Your Blog Readers? (Basic Guide for Beginners)
- How To Publish And Write Posts Using WordPress?
- How to Promote your Blog and How to Increase Blog Traffic?
3. Rank for position ZERO
Did you know Google featured snippets? It’s a smarter approach from Google where it shows direct answers to users’ queries. Here’s how it looks like;
When you enter a keyword like “blog submission sites”, Google is showing up a featured snippet as shown above. BTW it’s also one of the examples of my own blog posts.
Google featured snippets are also known as “position zero” which means, you’re ranking on top of everyone else in the top 10 search results. The good thing is, you don’t need to always get the 1st result on SERP to be able to get featured snippets for your blog contents.
Whether you know it or not, nearly 26% of all clicks will be generated to the #1 ranking page with a featured snippet.
That being said, here are few quick tips for you if you want to rank for featured snippets.
- Increase your CTR (Click Through Rates) for your blog posts as it is one of the best ways to sustain your rankings and also improve your existing rankings for your primary keywords.
- The best way to improve your CTR is to use powerful words in your headlines and use compelling meta description that catches search visitor’s attention. You can use headline generator tools like Portent to come up with attractive headline ideas for your future blog posts.
- Try to keep the paragraph length between 40 to 50 words (Approx 300 characters) if you want to rank for “paragraph featured snippets” which can be useful when you’re covering comparison blog posts on your site.
- When you’re creating a list post, add more than 8 items to it. As in that case, Google will add more items link which is a direct link to your post.
- Here’s a simple tip if you want to rank for “table-based featured snippets”. Google shows 3 columns and 9 rows in a featured snippet table, so try to limit up to 3 columns in your table and include more than 9 rows as Google will add “more rows link” which will point back to your original post (so people can click on it to directly visit your site).
- Top 7 Mistakes That a Digital Marketer Commonly Make
- SEO PowerSuite Review: How to boost your Blog Ranking and Traffic?
4. Proper on-page optimization is the key
Keyword research is one thing and optimizing your content for your primary keywords is another thing. You can’t ignore any of them as they both are equally important to get targeted traffic to your sites.
That being said, if you’re a beginner and looking for some solid on-page optimization tips to increase your search traffic, let me help you.
Install Yoast SEO Plugin: One of the greatest plugins for WordPress users is the Yoast SEO plugin which is free (although the premium version is also available). It not only helps you with on-page optimization but gives you content suggestions on how you can optimize your content to attract more search traffic.
Here are a few places where you need to insert your primary keyword to be able to get targeted traffic from search engines like Google.
- Meta description
- Image ALT tags (make sure to use at least one image for every blog post and use your primary keyword in the alt tag)
- URL (keep your URL short and simple, target a keyword if possible)
- At the introduction of your post (it doesn’t have to be in the first line itself but include in the first 100 words)
- Subheadings such as h2, h3 tags (you can include relevant keywords instead of stuffing with same keywords)
- On-Page SEO Checklist to make Blog Posts as Google-friendly
- How to Install the Yoast SEO Plugin and its basic settings?
- Rank Math SEO plugin: The SEO Trend Changer for WordPress Users 2020
5. Google gives high priority to “Backlinks”
Backlinks are considered as “votes” by Google. The more quality links you attract to your website, the faster you can improve your organic rankings. It’s as simple as that.
Most people create blog posts, do basic optimization and promote on social media sites. They pretty much do just those things and expect to get a lot of traffic from search engines.
That’s a wrong approach. Unless and until you start building links for your site, it’s hard for you to increase your organic traffic and search rankings for your desired keywords.
Here are a few quick link building tips that work like a charm.
- Write guest posts for others in your niche. Seriously, the guest posting is not dead. You just need to find the right blogs and create quality guest posts to be able to acquire quality links.
- Do blogger outreach. Make sure to network with other bloggers. Give before you ask for any help. Ask for links for your best posts and if they find your content useful, they’ll link back!
- Give a try to the skyscraper technique where you find popular topic ideas, create 10x better content, and promote it to the right people to create buzz and build links to your posts.
- How to Create Backlinks for your Blog for better SEO?
- Best Social Bookmarking Sites list for better SEO
6. Speed up your site
Your website speed makes or breaks your blogging success. If you have a slow loading site, you’ll not only experience high bounce rates but your site organic rankings will go down.
Whether you know it or not, the #1 factor that determines your website speed is your hosting.
If you’re hosting your sites on cheap or free hosting services, chances are you’ll be often facing downtime issues or slow loading times. Even if you’re running a web hosting related site, you need faster loading times to improve rankings.
So make sure to invest money in getting a faster hosting choice. I recommend you to check out hosting platforms like WPX hosting, WP Engine, etc. Although they are a bit expensive, they are worth every single penny.
Here are few more PROVEN ways to speed up your site.
- Download a caching plugin to speed up your site (I highly recommend you to install a cache plugin like W3 total cache)
- Use Imagify to compress all images and speed up your site (don’t upload images without compressing their sizes as images take a lot of storage and reduce your overall page loading times)
- Use Google PageSpeed Insights to identify ways to speed up your site load times (as it gives you all the recommendations to speed up your site performance)
- Remove unwanted plugins and make sure to deactivate all the plugins which are not updated in the last 1 year
- WP Rocket: The Best WordPress Speed Plugin for Best Cache
- Best Websites to Check Your Blog Page Speed Performance
Bonus tip: Update old contents
- One of the most effective SEO tips for bloggers is this: update your old blog posts. Find some relevant long tail keywords and optimize them well within your old posts.
- Make sure to change your headline and meta description (also add internal links, images, etc) to get more visibility from search engines.
- Make sure to find out your top 10 blog posts which are generating the most traffic so you can update them with the latest content and remove unrelated stuff to make your content more engaging.
As I said earlier, increasing search traffic to your websites is not easy, and it definitely takes time. So be patient and follow the SEO tips mentioned above as they work regardless of what niche you are in.
Did you find the above-mentioned evergreen SEO tips useful? Do you’ve any questions? Shoot them in the comments below and I’d be glad to respond to you all!
after the reading, this blog I know about the keyword research, proper on keyword optimization speed up the site, favourite of backlink.in sample word I say thanks of that…..
This article is too good, more effective or helpful, You are doing great effort and good job.
Thanks for sharing this useful thing.