Since 2012, Google redirecting its Blogger blogs to country-specific domain extensions. For example, If you open “YourDomainName.blogspot.com” in your browser, it redirects to “YourDomainName.blogspot.in” (if you are in India) or “YourDomainName.blogspot.fr” (If you are in France). This implementation was done by Google because of Selective censorship (to block a blog or page easily).
Most of the Blogspot users are migrating from Blogspot to WordPress Migration as their choice of blogging platforms by Redirect Blogger to WordPress. Use this simple guide to stop the
When I log in to my Blogger dashboard and checks blog traffic Statistics, It’s giving some country-specific domain name of blog URL in more than 10 countries.
These are Some example list of Domain Names I have observed in my dashboard, These are Domain Extensions List
- Argentina (blogspot.com.ar)
- Australia (blogspot.com.au)
- Brazil (blogspot.br)
- Canada (blogspot.ca)
- Germany (blogspot.de)
- India (blogspot.in)
- Italy (blogspot.it)
- France (blogspot.fr)
- Japan (blog spot.jp)
- Mexico (blogspot.mx)
- Portugal (blogspot.pt)
- Spanish (blogspot.cl)
- Sweden (blog spot.se)
What is the disadvantage of this Country Specific redirection?
- There are many disadvantages to country-specific domains. Your website or blog traffic will be different from different places in the world.
- Your social media followers will be different from different places. So, we should avoid country-specific domains. In you, blogger blogs you after a change in some HTML code you can prevent the blogger.
How to setup country Specific redirection in the Blogspot blog?
In your blogger blog you after a change in some HTML code, you can prevent the blogger from redirecting a URL to country specific domains.
Steps to configure your blogger blog to stop country specific domain redirection:
1. Login to Blogger account
2. Click on Template > Edit HTML
3. Click in the Coding rectangle box, and then click “Ctrl + F”. Now check with code <head>. Press Enter
4. Copy the redirection script given below. Now paste the Script after the <head>.
5. Click on “save template”. Then click on View Blog. That’s it.
Now your blogger blog serves with blogspot.com not country specific if the user comes from anywhere from the world. That’s it.
If this article “How to Stop Blogger from Redirecting Country Specific Domain” is useful, please share this post with your friends on Facebook, and Twitter or Use the below social icons. If you are facing any problem, do not hesitate, just drop the problem in the below comment box or my Contact Us page. Happy Blogging.