Web Directory sites are linking directory on the World Wide Web. These do not search engine and it does not display web pages based on keywords. Every blog/web site is organized in different categories and subcategories. This categorization based on the total website rather than one page or a set of keywords. This web directory allows new blog/website URLs for free of cost.
Every blog URL approves manually. Check the Free Web Directory Sites. For your online business or a blog, the Directory submission sites play a major role in creating backlinks to your blog. In off-page SEO, directory submission is a great technique in creating quality backlinks for your site.
What Are Directory Submission Sites?
The dictionary term directory means the book or a list of businesses or any other lists, the same way there are also directories know as web directories where you can submit your blog. These are the directories where you can submit your sites for either promoting your sites or also creating backlinks.
Before submitting your sites to these directory submission sites make sure you pick the right ones. There are many directory submission sites out there. Most of them are of spam and submitting your sites to these sites will mark your sites as spam too. Always check the domain authority of the directory site before submitting your sites.
When you submit your sites to the spam sites your links will be spammed and your SERP rankings will dropdown.
Special features of Web directory list:
- Free Submission: There is no charge for the review and listing of the site
- Reciprocal link: A backlink to the web directory must be added somewhere on the submitted site in order to get listed in the directory
- No Reciprocal link: A web directory where you will submit your links for free and no need to add a backlink to your website.
- Paid submission: A onetime fee will charge for reviewing your site and listing in their directory. Approves immediately within 24 hours.
- No follow and Do-follow: This directory will give rel=”nofollow” attribute associated. Search engines will not give weight to the link.
Benefits of directory submission sites
Using these directory submission sites for your blog will give many benefits for your blog/websites in SEO and also promotion. Due to these benefits of these directory submission sites, many bloggers and SEO experts choose these Directory submission sites to create backlinks. Here are some of the most important benefits of these directory submission sites.
- SEO and SERP rankings: When your site is submitted in the directories, your sites will be public and get more exposure which will make your sites have a chance of ranking in the first pages of google. Here you have to consider Page Rank also along with Domain Authority.
- Backlinks: Creating high quality backlinks is the bigger benefit and this is the one which many bloggers and SEO specialists for which they choose these directory submission sites. When you get as many good backlinks to your sites, your site will increase the authority.
- Traffic: Traffic is one other benefit with these directory sites. You can get direct traffic to your website/blog from these sites. Most of these directory submission sites are well indexed in Google and other search engines. So when you use correct keywords in the directory submission sites, your posts in these directories will be visible in Google.
I am using SEMRush for keyword research, SIte audit, Backlink analysis, and Competitor analysis. Getting great results from my articles.
SEMRush is one of the top-rated Internet marketing software. It helps you to find profitable keywords and ranking keywords. If you are interested to use this tool. I have a special gift for you.
Get this SEMRush 14 days Free trial. You can use all premium features up to 14 days absolutely free. Start using and Start ranking.
Should remember these Points before you submit
- It accepts quality content blogs only
- Sites should not be in under construction
- Hacking or cracking content promoting content is not eligible
- Already listed URLs are not eligible for re-submission
- Social media pages like Twitter pages, Facebook pages, Linkedin pages are not eligible
- Most of the directories will reject non-English blogs
Guidelines while you submitting to Directory:
- Make sure your site is 100% completed.
- Nice look design, fast loading pages, and quality content
- You choose the appropriate suitable category your site fits into
- Your website must be in English
- Do not submit a website that is under construction.
Advantage of link building on directory submission sites
When it comes to questioning, is backlinking on directories work? The answer is yes. There are many discussions happening in recent times about how backlinks created from directory submission sites worth it.
List of Directory submission sites 2021
|S.No.||Directory submission site list||DA||PA||Alexa||Link-type|
Other Directory submissions sites
|S.No.||Directory submission sites list|
Types of directory submission
Directory submission is a best practice for SEO but there are different types of these directory submission URLs. Here is the list of the types of directory submission sites.
1. Free directory submission sites
The free directory submission sites are run by different sites. You can submit your site to these directories without any problem. But there is no guarantee that your links will be approved and will take a lot of time if even if it’s approved.
2. Reciprocal directories
These are the sites that ask you to place the link in your site to get your site approved in the directory. Once you place your link in your site your link in the directory will get approved.
3. Paid Directories
The paid directories are the best choice if you want your work is done on time. In paid directories, you will get backlinks for money and you need not spend months waiting for the approval of the links. You can either purchase the links yearly or for a lifetime.
4. Do follow and no follow directories
These are also the types of links the directories provide you. For bloggers and other business site owners, these follow attribution means a lot. Do follows will give good rankings to your blog as well as the no-follow attributes require.
5. Automatic directory submissions
There are some tools available on the internet that will help you submit your URL to your category directories based on your preferences with just one click. With those tools, you can submit your URL for faster indexing of sites. Be aware of spam links from these tools which will cause de-ranking of your URL.
Steps for Directory Submission
While coming to submitting your blog to this directory list, each site will have certain terms and conditions which you need to follow before submitting the sites. Other than that the procedure to submit sites is similar in all the sites.
Here are brief details on the steps involved in submitting your sites to your directories.
- Choose a website from the list above and visit the site.
- Make sure you read all the terms and conditions and guidelines before submitting your site.
- Choose the niche you want to submit your site for.
- Fill all the required details. (You need to fill all the details in every directory. So it’s advisable to use auto form filling tools like LastPass which are available for Chrome)
- Enter your site details and URLs in the form.
- Check all the details and click on submit.
- Move on to the next directory site in the list below and continue step 2 for all the directories.
You can choose the paid links other than doing manually to make your work easier. But there will be no big difference to rankings in both cases. I prefer to do it manually to verify each directory for better rankings.
One thing you need to remember before submitting your sites to the directory submission site, make sure that you submit them in the correct category. Choosing the wrong category may not generate good backlinks and also lead to spamming.
The above-given list is fully checked by us. Each and every directory has been checked by submitting our sites and listed them here only after confirming our verified links. We personally recommend you to check the page authorities and scam score before submitting your sites to any other directories found on the internet.