Do you know about Google Analytics? Google Analytics is a powerful way to monitor your site’s statistics. If you are a new user, this guide will show you how to add Google Analytics to WordPress blog.
Most websites use this fantastic service to monitor blogs and website visitors. Install this analytics service on your site right away if you haven’t already.
More websites are not using the Analytics tool to track their visitors these days. So, from a beginner’s perspective, we’ll go over everything step by step.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that helps you understand your website’s audience and performance. Developed by Google after they acquired Urchin Software Corporation in 2005, it is now the most widely used web analytics solution in the world. Google Analytics offers two versions: the basic, the free version, and the premium version for enterprise-level businesses.
The premium version, Google Analytics 360 (formerly Google Analytics Premium), and Google Analytics for Mobile Apps are geared towards gathering usage data from iOS and Android apps. With its launch in April 2011, it introduced several dashboard features and real-time analytics on September 29, 2011.
With Google Analytics, you can gain valuable insights about the people visiting your website, including data on metrics, conversions, and sales. This service is perfect for bloggers and webmasters, and it’s available to sites with fewer than 5 million monthly page views.
Whether you’re running a self-hosted WordPress blog, Blogspot blog, or other free blogging platforms, Google Analytics is a popular and helpful service that allows you to create up to 100 site profiles. With it, you can track your website’s traffic and traffic sources in detail.
Google Analytics is an essential tool for understanding and improving the performance of your website. It provides valuable insights into your audience, traffic, and conversions. Some of the key benefits of using Google Analytics are:
Google Analytics is a powerful and flexible tool that can help you make data-driven decisions about your website. It is widely used by bloggers and webmasters, and it’s an essential tool for any website owner looking to improve their online presence.
How do I set up a Google Analytics account?
Setting up a Google Analytics account is a simple process that can help you gain valuable insights into your website’s performance.
With a Google Analytics account, you’ll be able to track your website’s traffic, audience demographics, and conversions, which can help you make data-driven decisions about your online presence.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps of setting up a Google Analytics account, including creating an account, adding your website, and installing the tracking code.
Whether you’re a blogger, business owner, or marketer, this guide will help you get started with Google Analytics and start tracking the metrics that matter to you.
Step 1: Create a Google Analytics account
This is the time to create a new Google Analytics account. To do this, visit the Google Analytics SignUp page.
After clicking on the link, you will get the screen below. If you have a Google or Gmail account, you can use that directly to sign in. If you do not have a Gmail account, create one, and then use the login details here.
Step 2: Signup for a new Google Analytics Account
After entering your login details for your Google account or Gmail, you will get the “Signup” button for a new Google Analytics account. Now click on the button.
Step 3: Enter your website details
Now choose a Web site. Then fill in the details in Account Name, Website Name, Website URL, Industry Category, and Reporting time zone in Setting up your account form.
Once you have entered the information, click on “Get tracking ID” and click on the “I agree” button to agree to the terms and conditions of Google Analytics.
Step 4: Copy the Tracking code and ID
Now you will be redirected to your Google Analytics tracking code. Just copy the website tracking code and tracking ID into a separate notepad.
Do not close this page. You may need to revisit this page. Open your blog in a separate tab and log in to your WordPress dashboard.
There are more methods are used to integrate your newly created Google Analytics tracking code into your WordPress blog.
Your New google analytics account is ready. Now you need to know How to install Google Analytics in WordPress.
How to add Google Analytics to WordPress Blog?
Setting up Google Analytics on a WordPress blog is an easy process that can help you track your website’s traffic and performance. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps of installing Google Analytics on your WordPress blog, including adding the tracking code and customizing your analytics settings to meet the needs of your website.
Whether you’re a blogger, business owner, or marketer, this guide will help you get started with Google Analytics on your WordPress blog and start tracking the metrics that matter to you. There are so many different methods being used to set up Google Analytics on WordPress blogs.
To set up Google Analytics on your WordPress blog, I am going to explain this installation process in three different ways. Select one method and begin the installation based on your needs and requirements.
a. Google Analytics Integration without plugin
This is a basic and manual method for WordPress blogs. Before starting this, you need to back up your WordPress theme. If there is anything wrong with this method, you can easily reverse it. If you misplace the code in the code editing part, the whole site will be down. As a result, theme backup is required. Just follow the steps carefully.
Step 1: Get the Google Analytics Tracking code
- Login into your Google Analytics account and select the website for which you need the tracking code.
- Choose Admin from the left sidebar.
- Click on Tracking Info > Tracking code from the Property column.
- Now you will get the Google Analytics Tracking code under Website Tracking Select the code by pressing Ctrl + A in the box, then press Ctrl + C. Now save the code in Notepad separately.
Step 2: Add the code in the Header.php file
- Login to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance > Editor from the left sidebar.
- Now click on the Header.php file on the right side.
- Now paste the Tracking code just after the <body> tag
- Then click the Update file. That’s it.
Now your website will start tracking with the Google Analytics code. Because you have added Google Analytics to WordPress without a plugin.
b. Google Analytics Integration without plugin
Installing and setting up Google Analytics on a WordPress blog is made much easier with the use of a plugin. There are various options available, both free and premium, to choose from. Some of the popular options include MonsterInsights, Google Site Kit, and GA Google Analytics.
Personally, I have found using a plugin to be a great way to gain insights into my blog’s performance without having to log into my WordPress dashboard regularly. It’s recommended to check the list of Google Analytics WordPress Plugins and pick the one that best meets the needs of your blog.
Among the options, MonsterInsights is the most popular plugin with over 1 million active installations. It has both free and paid versions, with additional features like e-commerce tracking, ad tracking, and author tracking in the pro version.
Step 1: Install and Activate the Plugin
Installation and activation of the plugin are very easy. To do this,
- Go to Plugins > Add New on the left side of the column from your WordPress dashboard.
- Now search for the word “Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights” in the plugin directory search bar.
You will get the plugin on the result page, then click on Install then click to Activate.
Step 2: Authenticate your Google Analytics account
- After the plugin activation, you will see the message at the top of your dashboard. To set up your Google account with this plugin, just click the link to Google Analytics settings.
- It redirects to the Insights > Setting page and starts the plugin configuration.
- On the settings page, click on Authenticate with your Google account to connect your Google Analytics account.
Now you will get an authentication popup for account authentication. Click Next.
- Then click on “Click to get Google code.”
- Your Google account will ask for permission in a separate pop-up window. Just click on “Allow.”
- The popup will show a line of code. Just copy that code.
- Paste the code into the MonsterInsights pop-up and click Next to continue.
- Your Google account is authenticated with the MonsterInsights plugin. Now select the profile from the Analytics Profile and choose your website name from the drop-down menu, then click Next and done.
Now you have successfully installed and set up Google Analytics on your WordPress site. The plugin will start collecting Google Analytics data from your Google Analytics account. Displaying the results takes some time.
After a few hours, your Google Analytics report will be shown inside your WordPress dashboard.
To see this report, visit the Insights > Reports page to check out the data.
MonsterInsights is a popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It is designed to make it easy for users to set up and manage their Google Analytics on their website. The plugin offers both free and paid versions, with additional features in the pro version.
The key features of MonsterInsights include:
MonsterInsights offers both a free version and a pro version with additional features. The pricing for the pro version is as follows and All plans come with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- This plan includes eCommerce tracking, ad tracking, and author tracking features.
- $199.50 per year for a single website.
- This plan includes all features of the Plus plan,
- It allows you to use the plugin on five websites
- $399.50 per year for 5 websites.
- This plan includes all features of the Plus and Pro plans
- It allows you to use the plugin on an unlimited number of websites.
- $499.50 per year for 25 websites.
MonsterInsights is the most powerful WordPress Analytics Plugin and it is a great option for website owners who want to get additional insights and improve their website’s performance.
How to Block Bot traffic from Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that helps you track and analyze user behavior on your website, which is useful for marketing campaigns and strategy. While it is free, some companies might charge extra fees to access their data.
With analytics tools like Google Analytics, you can gain insights into your website’s visitors such as their location, how long they stay on your page, and so on. It also provides a way to compare your website’s performance with competitors. However, fake traffic generated by bots can also be tracked using Google Analytics.
There are two main ways bots generate fake traffic, one is through automated scripts or software, and the other is by scraping sites or forums. To disable bot traffic in Google Analytics, there are certain steps that can be taken.
- Open a Google Analytics account
- Go to Admin > View > View Settings
- Now tick in “Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders” at Bot filtering
How to check your Blog reports on the Google Analytics website?
After completing the above steps, such as installing or integrating the method of Google Analytics with your blog, if you need to check your blog statistics or reports on official analytics, follow the below steps.
Step 1: Log in to your Google Analytics account with your credentials.
Step 2: You will be redirected to the built-in Google Analytics report dashboard. It has audience, acquisition, behavior, and conversions in the left column.
- Audience: It helps you understand your visitors or users.
- Acquisition: It helps you know the user’s entry path.
- It helps you know the user’s activity after they land on your blog.
- The reports show your goals in detail. Is it completed or not?
These are the basic places to find the additional details of your users’ or visitors’ entries about their activity on your blog.
How to add Google Analytics Tracking Code to Blogger?
This is an additional guide for Blogspot users. Setting up a Google Analytics account for a Blogspot blog is very easy. There are two major steps.
Step 1: Create a Google Analytics Account
- Visit the Google Analytics home page
- Click on “Create an Account.”
- Enter your blog’s address, account name, country, and time zone.
- Agree with the terms and conditions by putting a checkmark in the “Yes, I agree to the above terms and conditions” checkbox.
- Then click the “Create Account” button.
- In the next step, find the Web “Property ID” and the “Get Google Tracking Code.” Copy the ID and Google tracking code and store them in a notepad. In the same window, copy the tracking code into the notepad.
Step 2: Add Google Analytics Property ID
- Login to your Blogger account dashboard.
- Go to Settings > Other > Google Analytics.
- Paste the Web Property ID collected from the above method and paste it into the “Analytics Web Property ID box” and save settings.
- Now it’s time to add the tracking code to the blogger template.
Step 3: How to Install the Google Analytics Tracking Code
Where to put the Google Analytics code on the Blogger blog?
- From your Blogger dashboard, go to Blogger > Template > Edit HTML
- First, back up your blog template before adding the tracking code.
- Now search for the </body> tag in the box by pressing “Ctrl + F”.
- Paste your Google Analytics Tracking code just above the “/body” tag and hit on Save the Template
Adding Google Analytics to the blog or site is the basic concept in this tutorial.
Now you have successfully finished the method of setting up and installing Google Analytics ID and Google Analytics Tracking Code on your blogger blog.
Then wait for 24 hours to get your blog’s traffic report in Google Analytics.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I add Google Analytics to my WordPress blog?
To add Google Analytics to your WordPress blog, you can either add the tracking code manually or use a plugin like MonsterInsights.
How do I connect Google Analytics to my WordPress site?
To connect Google Analytics to your WordPress site, you will need to add the tracking code to your website or use a plugin like MonsterInsights.
How do I add Google Analytics to my WordPress website without a plugin?
You can add Google Analytics to your WordPress website without a plugin by manually adding the tracking code to your website’s header.
How do I check my Google Analytics data on my WordPress site?
You can check your Google Analytics data on your WordPress site by logging into your Google Analytics account and navigating to the “Reporting” tab.
Is there a Google Analytics plugin for WordPress?
Yes, there are multiple Google Analytics plugins for WordPress, such as MonsterInsights, Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress, and GA Google Analytics.
Can I add Google Analytics to my WordPress.com site?
Yes, you can add Google Analytics to your WordPress.com site by using the Google Analytics for WordPress.com plugin or by manually adding the tracking code to your website’s header.
How can I track my website traffic using Google Analytics?
You can track your website traffic using Google Analytics by adding the tracking code to your website and viewing the “Audience” report in your Google Analytics account.
Can I track my website’s conversions using Google Analytics?
Yes, you can track your website’s conversions using Google Analytics by setting up conversion tracking in your account and viewing the “Conversions” report.
Can I track my website’s performance against competitors using Google Analytics?
Yes, you can track your website’s performance against competitors using Google Analytics by using the “Competition” feature and comparing your website’s data with other websites in your industry.
Is there any cost for using Google Analytics on my WordPress blog?
No, Google Analytics is a free service. But some companies charge extra fees to
Setting up Google Analytics on your website is a simple and essential step for understanding and improving your website’s performance. By adding the tracking code and customizing your analytics settings, you can gain valuable insights into your audience, traffic, and conversions.
Whether you’re a blogger, business owner, or marketer, Google Analytics is a powerful tool that can help you make data-driven decisions about your online presence. Additionally, using a WordPress plugin can ease the process of installing and setting up Google Analytics on your website.
Remember to always keep an eye on fake traffic generated by bots and take steps to disable it. Overall, Google Analytics is a must-have tool for any website owner looking to improve their online presence.
This way, you can track the web stats of your website from one dashboard, making it easier for you to understand the performance of your website. Alternatively, you can also try our MonsterInsights premium plugin, which will do all the hard work for you and help you track the performance of your website in real-time!
I think this guide on how to add google analytics to WordPress in two different methods to track your website performance for the next move.
- Rank Math WordPress SEO plugin and its settings
- How to Build Your WordPress Website Quickly with Elementor Plugin?
- How to Submit Your WordPress XML Sitemap to all Search Engines?
- How to use Mailchimp for Email Marketing? (Beginners Guide)
By connecting your account and installing the MonsterInsights premium plugin, you can access detailed reports that will help you understand the traffic and conversion rates on your website. Try it today and see the difference for yourself!