Are you searching for a free blogging platform to start a new blog? Of course, this is the perfect plan to set up a free blog as a test drive. The choosing of suitable free blog sites is the toughest part of the initial stage.
Because there are so many free platforms running on the web. So, you have to select the right and best blogging platform for your requirements.
What is a Blogging Platform?
A blogging platform is an application to publish your content. It is a well-developed CMS. (Content Management System).
It comes with a drag and drop features website builders (Wix) or Blogging application (WordPress) or Blogging software (Tumblr). These are the regular blogging websites for free.
What is the biggest Blogging Platform?
Every platform has developed with unique features according to the user’s accomplishment. So, we cannot differentiate which is the biggest platform and best platform.
The biggest blogging platform is based on the user’s accomplishment, and is dependent on the types of users.
Out of 100 blogs, nearly 30% of the websites are running with WordPress CMS on the internet.
How to find the perfect blogging platform to fulfill your requirement?
There are more top blogging platforms on the web. The answer is simple. But the success of a blog needs more effort and dedication. Blogging is an expensive process and requires daily posting, active presence in social media and content promotion on different platforms.
If you are a seasonal blogger, you know which platform is suitable for your online presence or business or to earn money.
To be frank, Blogging is an expensive process.
If you have any experience in which platform is suitable for your requirement, you can decrease the expenditure by choosing the right platform.
I started my blogging career in 2009. From that year, I worked on different platforms to make money.
But I got success with only a few platforms only. If you want to make money online, the best blogging platform depends on your requirement.
With that experience, I started this article to help the newbies to choose the perfect choice.
List of Best Blogging Platforms in 2022
If you are trying to create a personal blog to share your information like a journal/diary, the regular blogging platforms work well.
For commercial purposes, you should go for a self-hosted WordPress platform instead of free blogging platforms.
This blogging platform list helps to create a Website for Free and these are easy blog websites to start a free blogging websites within 10 minutes.
|Blogging Platform||Platform is /for|
|#1.||Wix||Business sites and|
|#2||WordPress||Personal blogs and commercial blogs|
|#3||Blogger||Personal blogs and commercial blogs|
|#4||Tumblr||Best social networking microblogging|
|#5||Weebly||To build a website with their website builder|
|#7||Hubpages||Open community platform to build network with content|
|#8||Joomla||Open source CMS users|
|#9||Ghost||modern open source publishing platform|
|#10||Subrion||open-source PHP content management system|
These are 100% Free Blogging Sites in 2022. Most of the sites are free blog sites for beginners. some sites are coming with premium support with minimum fees.
So, in this article, we listed the best and popular blogging platforms here.
Wix is a simple hosted blogging platform which allows users to create attractive websites using drag-and-drop tools. It is one of the blog publishing sites.
So, you do not need to work with the Wix from the backend.
It is suitable for Small businesses.
The design of the Wix and its usability is very good.
It is suitable for both beginners and advanced users.
You can add the Blog feature with the designed site with a single click.
In the free version of Wix, you can receive up to 500MB of space, with a bandwidth of 1GB.
If you need more additional features like domain name, online storage, and Google analytics, you have to go for premium plans.
How do you Get Started?
The creation of a new blog with Wix is very easy. You can create a free website with Wix by visiting the Wix official site. Then sign up for Wix, choose the site you want to create, and choose the template you want. Wix is a drag-and-drop website builder with dozens of attractive templates, but its free account is limited to a few features.
- Go to the Wix official site and click on the Get Started button.
- Then choose the signup options like Continue with Facebook or Google or Email. So, you have to choose one option to go for the next step.
- Now choose the Create New site option to start. Now the Wix team will ask a few questions about a new blog. These questions will be asked based on the complete AI-based system. Just choose the suitable answer.
- Finally, you will be redirected to the two choices to create a new website. One is You will get the designed website after you answer a few questions and another one is you have to design your site with inbuilt Wix Editor.
- I prefer the Wix editor here. Then choose the type of blog template. If you are planning to blog on Foods and recipe then go for the Food Blog template. If you plan for Travel or Personal or Education then go for suitable templates.
- Then click the widgets and customize your design like colors and placements like.
- After a few clicks, your free website is ready.
- You can customize your site with simple apps
- Dozens of attractive templates
- You can use the drag-and-drop website builder to build professional sites
- It requires coding skills to start a new blog
- You can set up your blog quickly and easily
- The free account is limited
- They will show Wix branding ads
- Free third-party ads are very limited
- You cannot change the template once you install
- Limited features for E-commerce users in paid plans
Blogger is the most famous, oldest free blog site and best free blogging platform 2022 to create free blogs. Blogger is a free blogging site that was acquired by Google in 2003. It is a perfect choice for newbies to start blogging who are not ready to afford the money to buy basic needs to start. This is a simple blogger web hosting.
Of course, This is the best blog platform for personal blogs, but not for professional use. This is the most popular to create a blog for free.
How do you get started?
The usage of this blog platform is similar to other free blogging platforms. To start a blog on Blogger.com, first you need to create a Blogger account, then choose a basic blogger template, then start writing to publish your blog.
- First, you have to create a new Blogger account by using Gmail
- Then go for Blogger.com then fill the details like Name of the Blog title, domain URL (subdomain) and click on Create a Blog button. The new Blog is ready with the Free blogger domain.
- After that pick the basic blogger template to finish your blog design.
- You can start writing new content to publish on the great BlogSpot platform.
- The Blogger service is free
- Providing basic templates to start with simple customization feature
- Easy to use and manage with no technical skills
- Google Robust secure platform
- Limited blogging tools
- You cannot add new features when your blog grows
- Limited designing features
Medium is an easy-to-use free blogging platform with limited social networking features. It is suitable for Self-improvement and entrepreneurship niche. The platform was created by Evan Williams, one of the founders of Twitter in 2012. It is the best platform for Bloggers, Writers, Journalists, and Entrepreneurs.
The main advantage of the Medium is that your articles are visible to 60 million medium platform readers. Using Medium is simple. Just create an account and write.
The medium platform is suitable for if your niche belongs to Self-improvement or entrepreneurship. But not suitable for Micro-bloggers.
How do you get started?
The Medium platform is offering different ways to create a new account. If you are feeling messy to store a number of usernames and passwords, you can register your details by using social media accounts like Google and Facebook.
To start Medium, choose Facebook or Google and click on the Allow button to signup. Then start writing and publishing content by using their WYSIWYG content editor.
- To start this, go for the Medium official platform then go for getting Started option to the top right corner.
- Choose Facebook or Google for the signup process and you will be asked to accept the permission from the social account.
- After clicking on the Allow button, you will be redirected to the Medium homepage.
- Now your account is ready to start publishing content by using their WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) content editor. To get this, you have to go for the New Story option from the top right-side profile.
- Then start writing and publish the content.
- Easy to use platform with over 60 million built-in audience
- No additional setup
- No coding skills required
- It helps you to attract relevant people easily
- You can concentrate on writing instead of design
- Your content looks professional with its Excellent typography features
- Medium partner program helps you to monetize your blog content
- Limited features for brand building
- If you lost your blog, it will lose all your followers
- Not possible to connect your Google Analytics account.
Tumblr is a free micro-blogging platform with an elegant interface. It is suitable for fun blogging and comes with several guides for getting started. It comes with Social networking features like Re-Blogging, Built-in sharing tools, following other blogs and more features. The interface of Tumblr is more joyful.
If you’re new to Tumblr, there is no need to fear because there are several free guides available for Tumblr blogging. This is not suitable for Business blogging.
How do you get started?
To get a new account on Tumblr is very easy.
- First, you have to open the Tumblr official site then click on the Get started button from the homepage.
- Now enter the details like Email Password and Username of your choice.
- In the next screen, you will be asked a few questions to complete the account setup. The question may be How old are you? Then tick the agreement of Terms of Service.
- Now choose any five categories as per your choice in the next screen.
- Confirm your email account by clicking the activation link which is sent from Tumblr official. Your account is ready.
- Tumblr is a blogging site where you can post your content in different formats, like text, photo, quote, link, chat, audio and video.
- Tumblr is a free blogging place, and it is easy to use
- Built-in Social media Tools
- You can post Blog videos, GIFs, Images and audio formats effectively
- You can integrate Google Analytics account with your Tumblr blog
- Comes with a limited set of features
- More themes are available but less additional features
- Migration from Tumblr to another platform is difficult
Linkedin is a professional networking platform that allows users to publish their content. This is one of the best platforms for business professionals. It helps you to create professional networking. This is having a simple publishing platform to publish your content before 260 million members. Linkedin opened a simple publishing platform for its users called the Pulse. This feature is visible as a Pencil icon at the top of your homepage.
This platform allows you to publish articles similar to Guest posting, to reach a huge LinkedIn audience. You can use this platform in your Link building strategies to improve your site SEO. The basic advantage of this platform is,
- It gives the maximum exposure and is easy to reach a massive LinkedIn audience.
- Your article is approved instantly. For better reach, the content length should be 1000 words minimum.
How do you get started?
To use the Linkedin Pulse feature, you need to have a Linkedin account. If you do not have an account, just create an account and start building a professional network in a positive way. The Linkedin platform is very strict. It does not accept spamming activities like promoting product promotions, affiliate links, violence videos and more. If they find any suspicious activity from the user side, the team will send the warning notice as the first message.
In order to write an article on LinkedIn, you first have to log in, then go to the Write article on LinkedIn option, upload an image, and write an article. Then press the Publish button.
- Perfect for Businesses and professionals
- The interface is having clean and simple in design
- Easy to use publishing platform
- Easy to build a like-minded professional network
- Limited customization features
- The scheduling feature is not available
- Not suitable for entertainment
Joomla is a free and open-source Content Management System (CMS) like Joomla is a free and open-source Content Management System (CMS). It requires one domain name and hosting, and costs about $10 for the first year.
Around 10% of the business websites are running with this CMS on the internet.
Here, I strongly suggest Bluehost to run this CMS smoothly for better performance. Because the hosting is cheap, reliable and affordable. If you buy the hosting for Joomla, you will get one free domain for one year. So, you can save $10 for the domain name.
Joomla is a very flexible CMS for website creation. It helps you to create not only for blogs, a suitable platform for more complex websites. Of course, it is a mobile and user-friendly script. You can choose a variety of templates and extensions for easy customization to get a rich look.
The CMS is having the basic and old-school editor to choose the font, color, size, tables, and background. So, you can feel the Word Processing window.
How do you get started?
Joomla is providing a free blog platform to start a new blog without spending a single penny.
To get started, go to the Joomla site and choose your domain name, agree to the terms and conditions, and create your free blog.
- First, you have to go for Joomla Official homepage and choose to get a free site from Download & Extend option or you can go with this link
- Now you can enter the site name in the first box and agree to the terms and conditions and click on the LAUNCH button.
- To finish the creation process, you will get the confirmation link along with login credentials.
- Just login to your free blog and publish your first article.
- You can create any website with this powerful and flexible CMS.
- Hundreds of customizable designs
- More extensions for more visibility
- Small community than the WordPress community
- Limited community support.
- Paid support is a little costly
- You must back up everything manually. No auto-back feature
Instagram is one of the largest social media networks for sharing photos and videos and is owned by Facebook. It is a photo and video sharing platform. This platform reached 200 million active users in September 2019.
If anyone is interested in Visual topics, Instagram is perfect for better visibility. If your target audience is not using the mobiles, this platform is not suitable to test your visual ideas.
How do you get started?
The free blog site allows you to post images, and it has a limit of 2200 characters and one hyperlink in the bio section. The signup process is having two different options – regular form filling process and signup with social logins. You can choose the Facebook credentials. Then complete the profile details and it is ready to post your visuals.
- This is an ideal platform for microblogging
- Best place to target your audience, if your customers are mobile users
- You can access a ton of attractive visual topics.
- It is limited to 2200 characters
- It allows one hyperlink in the Bio section
Yola is one of the free website creation platforms started in 2007. It comes with an effective and attractive free website builder. You can start a new free blog from here and promote your business on Google, Yahoo and Bing. More than 12 million users are using this platform to reach their business to their customers.
How do you get started?
To start this platform, you have to know the limitations of Free hosting. The Yola is offering three plans with simple pricing along with Free choice. Free Yola hosting gives you 3 pages, 1GB bandwidth and 1GB storage with 1 free subdomain.
To create a free website, you have to sign up, choose a template, and add your content.
- Simple and easy to use interface
- Comes with powerful eCommerce features
- Attractive and stylish content editor
- No choice to run blog individually like WordPress and Blogspot
- Responsive themes are limited (only 8).
- Most of the templates are outdated
- You have to upgrade your plan if you need SEO setup and custom domain setup
The HubPages is a platform where you can add images, links products and many more to your pages. The HubPages was founded in 2006 located in San Francisco in the USA.
In the HubPages, you can also apply for the earning programs like Adsense. The HubPages is a platform that allows you to write content, publish ads and make money. The minimum payment threshold of Hubpage’s payout is $50. For beginners, this is the best platform to choose for making decent money. There are more than 80K online bloggers who write content in Hubpages and rank them in search engines.
- The HubPages is completely free for any user and doesn’t have any kind of paid promotions
- The content you post in HubPages is easy to rank in the search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and many more.
- For any queries,, you can reach out to the best customer support they provide to find quick answers.
- Their referral program is best to choose as an affiliate program.
- SERP Ranks are not high in Hubpages and also not used for backlinks as many assume.
- As many promote HubPages as the best source to make money, it is not for making easy money.
Unlike any other content management system, contentful helps you manage your content without writing any code.
In the contentful, you will have the advantage of creating your content in your own style. With the internal and external editore, you can manage the content in the easy to use editing interface.
When you create an account with Contentful and create your content, you can integrate the API with your websites or apps and update the content with the API. When you update your content in the Contentful your websites or apps will be updated after successful integration of the API.
- Integration of API is very easy in the Contentful
- When compared to other CMS’ the contentful is very neat and easy to understand and edit.
- The ContentFul is not a free tool, you need to pay for the user based on the number of users per month.
WordPress is a free blogging platform available on wordpress.com, developed in 2003, and it is used on more than 60 million websites.
You can create your blog in wordpress.com with many free themes and plugins in the directories. In the wordpress.com you can either use a free extension that looks like this YourBlog.wordpress.com or you can purchase a domain like YourBlog.com.
- 12 Best WordPress themes for Health Blogs and Medical Blogs
- How to Install and Configure W3 Total Cache Plugin? (Updated Guide)
- 17 Best Social sharing plugins for WordPress users to improve your Social Shares
- 12+ Best Adsense optimized WordPress themes for more Revenue
- 15 Best SEO Optimized WordPress themes for better Ranking and Revenue
While using wordpress.com you cannot use third party themes and plugins. To use third party themes and plugins you need to download the CMS software from wordpress.org.
- By using WordPress you will get access to a wide range of themes and plugins free of cost.
- This CMS is completely SEO friendly and all the themes and plugins are optimized to rank best in Search Engines.
- All the features available in WordPress are completely free.
- You need to keep your plugins and themes updated every now and then to protect your website from malware.
- To add additional features like third party themes and plugins you need to upgrade to premium.
- WordPress.com is not suitable for business websites.
Subrion is another content management system that helps you manage your blogs with ease. This is a free CMS that has many features that make your blog run easily. To use this as a content management system for your blogs, you can download the latest version of the software from the official website and upload it to the hosting server of your website.
- All the features are available for free.
- Good support from the team for any assistance related to the installations.
- Well optimized plugins for Search engine optimizing
- The plugins are not available for free, you need to pay for additional plugins.
Weebly is a free online CMS where you can create a blog with drag and drop elements the same as Wix. This is a free online CMS where you can start a blog with Weebly subdomain and 500MB storage.
- The Weebly blogs Come with Responsive design.
- Your pages and posts can be easily optimized for SEO
- Easy drag-and-drop builder features available to build your blogs.
- You can upgrade to premium plans for more additional features.
- There will be limited built-in features available
- Only limited templates are available in Free option
Ghost CMS is another great service that provides CMS capability for your blogs. It is hosted on a web server and provides a clutter-free interface and super-fast Java scripts.
With a hosting server, you can easily install the Ghost CMS by simply uploading the software. To use the Ghost you can download the Ghost latest update from its official website and upload the software in your Hosting server. And your free CMS is ready to create your blog.
- In the ghost cms, you can experience Clutter-free and a clean interface
- Coded with Super-fast Java scripts
- If you choose the hosted version, additional setup of Ghost cms is not required
- Limited options in the user interface
Among all the above mentioned free blogging platforms, WordPress outperforms all other platforms. Over 30% of the websites are created with WordPress CMS on the internet.
The best blogging sites for 2022 are the ones given above. They are the best blogging sites due to their ease of use and customization.
According to content trends, choosing the best blogging sites has a crucial role. So, you have to pick the perfect platform for your best new blogs. This is the simplest logic in blogging for beginners. Of course, it is the biggest trend in online marketing.
You can create a free blog or a free website using a free blogging platform. Before choosing the future of media technology, you have to understand the importance and future of media.
Do you know other free and good blogging platforms to create a free blog or a free website? If Yes, Share the details by using the below commenting system.