Are you searching for the tutorial about How to create a YouTube account with Gmail? If yes, here is the step by step tutorial. After lockdown and TikTok ban, most of the people are moved to Youtube platform. Because Youtube is also introduced tiktok similar features.
I saw most of the youtubers growth in the Corona virus lockdown time. thousands of smartphone users are watching video content to learn new things, for entertainment purpose, and live streaming purposes.
What is YouTube?
YouTube is a viral video hosting site from Google company. It is an American online Video-sharing platform. the headquarters of this video hosting is in San Bruno, California.
It was started by three former Paypal employees – Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim. They created the service in February 2005. Google bought the site in November 2006 for US$1.65 billions.
Day-to-day internet speed is updating from broadband to 3 G and 3 G to 4 G. Now we are ready to touch the essence of 5 G also. By the way, the users are growing day yo day. more than 5 billion videos are watching everyday.
That is why every day is more critical for any business to own their YouTube channel to create a visual content strategy.
Do you have any YouTube channel? But you know how to create a YouTube account and its optimization?
If you are one of those who do not have an account in this video platform, this guide is will help you to create a YouTube channel for your brand.
Thousands of Videos are uploading every day on video hosting sites. Anyone can upload video content without paying anything.
Today this tutorial gives the basic informative tutorial on how to create a YouTube account for business.
How to Get a YouTube Account? Creating a YouTube account, and its channel is very easy. First, you need to Create a New Gmail Account for new YouTube account creation.
- What are the Highest Paying CPC keywords in 2021?
- How to Become Rich Online Quickly?
- 11 Best High Paying Adsense Alternatives For Your Blog Monetization
- How to get Google AdSense Approval for your Blog in 2021?
- 13+ Best Places to get Free Online Teaching Jobs in India Without Investment
Just follow these steps, you are ready to upload your video content in HD format.
How to Create a YouTube Account?
(Step by step guide for your new YouTube Start-up)
Most of the people think that the creation of videos is a very difficult process. Of course, video creation is a long process. If you have very good video editing software, the process becomes much easier. So, the video content will give better results on social media.
- YouTube is one of the Google services. The video content becomes popular and appears a good position on Google result pages.
- In fact, YouTube is the second search engine after Google.
- Most of the people are changing their ways from TV to YouTube for watching the video because of their flexible usage. Because Smart TVs are already rocking in the electronic market.
- Lakhs of people are already uploading their information as video content format and started making money by using the Youtube platform.
- Video marketing strategies are not simple. It is hard to record, edit and make a new video. So, here YouTube simplifies your marketing and business strategies by attracting more users.
Step 1: Create a New Google Account
To use the YouTube platform, you need a Google account. With this new account, you can access all of the Google services like Gmail, Google Drive, Google Maps, Photos, Google Docs, Translator, Play store and more features along with YouTube. Here are the basic steps to follow.
Steps to Create a New Google Account
- Sign in youtube with gmail account. To do this, Open Google.com
- Click on the “Sign In” button, which is located at the right-side top corner. If you have Gmail ID, just enter the email address and sign in.
- If you don’t have any Gmail, click on Create account
- In the next screen, you will get the form. Fill the form, accept the Privacy terms and activate your new Google account.
- Now you are ready to access all the features and services provided by Google.
- From those services, YouTube is one of the popular video hosting services.
- Now go for YouTube by choosing the red play button icon and start filling the profile now.
Step 2: Create a new YouTube Account
How to Open a YouTube Account? After creating a new Google account, the First sign on YouTube with Gmail account and go to the top right-side corner. Then click on the “9 dots symbol” and select the YouTube button.
- Now enter your basic details for new channel creation as YouTube standard account.
- Now click on the “My Channel” button and start the configuration. Do proper settings on the channel.
- Now upload your images to Profile picture box and Channel art
- The YouTube profile picture dimensions (Channel icon) – 800 x 800 pixels
- The optimal size for YouTube channel art is 2560 x 1440 pixels.
- The best size for the YouTube video thumbnail photo is 1280 x 720 pixels.
- Finally, you will get the first look at your primary channel whether personal or brand channel.
In YouTube channel, they offer awesome creation tools for you
- You can use hundreds of royalty-free (or) Non-copyright music clips
- YouTube Studio: Video You can edit the uploaded videos
- Analytics interface to check videos traffic
- You can find the visitors coming from different areas easily by using segmentation feature
- You can add Annotation feature on Video playback window
- Community fans managing feature
- Live stream: You can use the Live Streaming feature
Step 3: Start Creating a new YouTube Channel
After creating a YouTube account, you have to go for the YouTube Homepage and click on the profile pic icon on the right-side top corner. Then click on the Settings option.
YouTube Account Settings
In the settings page, you will get the following option on the left side column.
- Account: This is the public presence area. From here you have to create a channel to upload your videos, comments on videos, and playlist creations.
- Notifications: This is the place to switch on/off the email notifications and language settings
- Playback and Performance: You can control the video viewing experience and its playback settings.
- Privacy: From here you can control who can see your saved playlists and subscriptions.
- Connected accounts: This is the place to connect partner accounts to earn rewards. The partners are PUBG, Riot Games, Epic Games, PuUBG mobile, MLBB, Knives Out, SuperCell, and FaceIt. You can do live streaming by playing the games by connecting app accounts.
- Watch on TV: You can connect YouTube to your TV and play videos from this option.
- Billing and Payments: You can make the Purchase of YouTube premium accounts from here. Before enabling this feature, you need verification.
- Advanced settings: To setup YouTube exactly how you want it. Here you will get the information like User ID, Channel ID, Default channel, custom URL, move channel, and Delete channel options.
An introduction to YouTube’s new design
Create a new YouTube Channel
To create a new channel, you have to go for the Account tab and choose to add or manage your channel(s) then click on Create a new Channel.
After clicking on the Add or manage your channel(s), you will be on the new channel creation page. Just click on Create a new channel.
Now enter the Brand Account Name in the box and hit on Create button.
Finally agree with the page terms and conditions to complete the process.
Now the page is ready to upload videos. Before doing this, you have to upload the profile pic, channel art, and fil the options which are given in the form. That’s it.
Congratulations! You finish the YouTube channel creation and it is ready to upload the videos.
How to Create YouTube Channel Art?
YouTube channel art is a very important area to reflect the brand, motto, and personality with your audience. It is just similar to Facebook cover.
The recommended size for YouTube channel art is a 2560 X 1440-pixel image. But this dimension works in different in the various device to device. The safe area of the channel art minimum width is 2048 X 1152 px. In this area, text and logo are visible without cut off when displayed on different devices.
Channel art looks different on desktop, mobile, and TV displays – larger images may be cropped. For the best results on all devices, we recommend uploading one 2560 x 1440 px image.
- Minimum dimension for upload:2048 x 1152 px.
- Minimum safe area for text and logos:1546 x 423 px. Larger images may get cropped on certain views or devices.
- Maximum width:2560 x 423 px. At this width, the ‘safe area’ is always visible regardless of screen size. The areas to each side of the channel art are visible or cropped depending on the browser size.
- File size: 6 MB or smaller.
Of course, YouTube also providing a few of the Channel art templates in both PNG and PSD formats.
To design this image, there are few free online tools are available right now on the web. They are Canva, Snappa, Fotor, Design Wizard, and more.
You can choose any tool, register your details, choose a design, edit the text, and download the image. Then upload the image into the YouTube channel art area and Save it.
Tips to perfect Channel art
- The text and logos should be in the safe area of 1546 X 423-pixel space at the center of the YouTube channel art template. This is perfect in computer desktop screens.
- The branding taglines and key images should be in this space.
How to add Channel art to Your YouTube channel?
To upload the channel art image, go for your channel homepage, you will notice the black channel art space with a blue color call to action button with the text – Add channel art
Once you click on the blue button, you will get the popup box by giving the upload options from various sources like Upload photos, Your photos, and Gallery.
- Upload Photos: You can upload your design image from this option
- Your Photos: You can use the existed images from this option as channel art
- Gallery: You can choose the YouTube readymade templates from this option.
To upload your designed image, these are the steps to complete
- Click on the Add channel art
- Choose Upload photos > Select a photo from your computer then go for the image source location. Select the image from the source. Check the device preview and Save the changes.
- That’s it.
How to create Channel Icon?
The channel icon is the place to add more branding logos or personal pics. The channel icon shows over your channel art banner.
The channel icon should be 800 X 800 pixels in any one of the formats like PNG, JPG, GIF, and BMP.
To upload the image, go for the channel icon area and click on the pen symbol, and then upload it.
The image will be fixed in the specified box.
Pro tips to improve your Channel
1. Description and its optimization
YouTube is providing a special space to write about your video within 5000 characters. It may be personal or brand, you have a little room to be creative here.
A copy of the channel description does not only appear on the channel page. It is indexed by search engines and can be recommended in YouTube’s recommended channel categories. We recommend adding some related keywords and CTA at the beginning of the description
2. Add Links
These are channel links. The channel links represent your online identity not only on your video platform. You can add your blog URL, social profiles, and many more. To add your links, follow these simple steps.
- You have to go for the channel homepage and click on the ‘cog’ icon, which is located before your subscribe button.
- Now you will find the channel settings lightbox. Now toggle the option “Customize the layout of your channel”. After enabling this option, you will get the “Edit Links” option under the settings menu on your channel cover art.
- Just click on the link, you will be redirected to the “About” section of your channel. Here you can add your blog URL, social URLs, and other links. Then hit on the “DONE” button to finish the task.
3. Create a Channel trailer and Email:
A Channel trailer is one of the positive ways to promote your channel. This way gives a clear picture to your subscribers what type of content you are going to presenting here.
Prepare s short video by introducing your self and about your video content.
These trailers are appearing to only non-subscribers but not visible to subscribers.
If you are using the YouTube channel as your business, you have to provide the contact details. It helps you to contact the advertisers for business inquiries.
To add your contact details, you have to go to the “About” section from the Homepage. Then go for the Details section and share your email address.
Now your YouTube channel is ready to upload videos to make money. Let us go for the next step.
Step 4: Upload a Video to YouTube account
You have created a new YouTube account and channel by using the above steps. Now it’s ready to upload your videos. If you did not create any videos, start creating one video by choosing a trending topic.
To do this task, you need one video editing software. There are hundreds of software for video editing. But personally, I suggest – Wondershare Filmore, Camtasia and Fast stone capture. These three are the most popular premium software.
By using the above software first, create or Prepare a new video in HD format. After making the raw video, go to the YouTube dashboard and click on the “Upload Video” button.
In the next screen, click on “Select files to upload “, now You have to specify the location of the video source location to upload from the computer.
The YouTube algorithm cannot read what’s in the video and within the picture. So, you need to enter the video details in this step carefully.
- You need to enter the video data and geographical location details for better performance in Google search engines.
- The specified video will start uploading. The speed of uploading depends on the internet connection speed and edited fragments in the video timeline.
- Here the size of the video is also a considerable factor. If the video size is more, the uploading time will be high.
- Youtube loves HD (High Definition) videos. So better to upload HD videos with maximum resolutions.
- Youtube supports these video formats – MOV, MPEG4, MP4, AVI, WMV, MPEG-PS, FLV, 3GPP, WebM, DNxHR, ProRes, CineForm, and HEVC (h265). So, your uploading videos should be in any one of the mentioned formats only. Otherwise, the uploading feature will be stopped.
a. Basic Info
When uploading the video, you need to fill the title, Description, and Tags. The title is the major part of YouTube Video SEO. In the title, do not exceed the 60 characters limitation.
- Title: This is the major heading part with 60 character limitations. So, you have to write the video title between these 60 characters
- Meta description:
- The meta description is the second part of the search engine update. Here you need to add your video description by using the major keywords for better search crawling.
- It is limited to 5000 characters. Apply the same tips in description writings when you are writing for the blog post. You can insert outbound links (Blog link, blog post link, Social links, etc).
- Take advantage of this space and develop the text as the blog post. For better results maintain a minimum of 800 words.
- YouTube cannot read the content of Videos and Images. But the descriptive text is readable by Google spiders and Bots for better Search engine indexing.
- So, write description SEO friendly and the content should be relevant to your uploading video.
- Tags: Tags act as tools to help the discovery of your video. Here add a few of the keywords which are relevant to the video and its description.
Monetization is the part of money earning method. To enable ads on your videos, you have to activate this option. This is the YouTube partner program. To get enable this feature, you have to reach some statistics.
They are 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours watch time is necessary for your channel. The Monetization tab will be visible when your channel approves monetization to display google ads on your videos.
c. More options: Configure your video settings
In the Video uploading page, there is a special tab named “Advanced settings “. Here you can adjust and add more information about the video.
They are Comments, Licensing, ownership details, age restriction, Category, Video location, and Content declaration.
In the Video category section, there are 15 different categories here. You should choose one category from this list. From two years, According to YouTube video content statistics, 4 categories are trending. They are Comedy, music, entertainment/pop culture, and “How to”.
From the location, you can add a video uploading location by pointing your place. Of course, this is the Google Maps connected part.
- In Language option, select English
- Choose the recording date of uploading videos from the calendar.
Step 5: YouTube Privacy Settings
In Privacy settings, you can opt the video privacy as Public or Private. In private mode, the video is not visible to anyone. Here Public mode is preferable to see the video everyone.
In Public mode, Google robot can read everything added to videos like title, Description, and tags.
There are three settings
- Public videos and playlists can be seen by and shared with anyone.
- Private videos and playlists can only be seen by you and the users you choose.
- Unlisted videos and playlists can be seen and shared by anyone with the link though email accepted.
You can manage the privacy settings and control who has access to view this content
In Public mode, you can share the video on social media. For this, social icons are available below the privacy settings. By using this, share the video.
Add Custom Thumbnail to Your Video
Use the Custom thumbnail feature to add the image to the video. To add this image, follow the steps.
- Go to Creator Studio from the top-right profile picture.
- Choose the Video Manager option form the left sidebar. Next, go to your videos, click Edit
- On the left of the preview screen, click on the custom thumbnail.
- Add an image to the computer. Then click Save changes.
- You can also use the YouTube Studio app to add a thumbnail to a video.
YouTube is the top and popular video hosting site from Google. This tutorial explains how to create a youtube account and upload Videos. Make new videos in HD quality and upload them into your account.
I started my Youtube Channel a few years back. You can subscribe now.
Subscribe BloggingDen Channel
If you are planning to work with more video hosting platform, you can check the Youtube Alternatives.