WP Rocket is one of the best premium cache plugin for your blog fast loading features. of course Google loves fast loading pages and gives best ranking priorities. Get this amazing plugin and start page load improvement progress.
Are you facing blog loading problems? Here is a perfect solution to overcome these problems. This guide explains to you as WP Rocket Review 2020 in detail. If you are using WordPress CMS, the loading time depends on several factors like hosting server issues, cache plugin usage, and resource limitations. You can use the better WP Rocket Settings for better speed.
At this time you need one best Wordpress performance plugin for better WordPress speed.
Now a day’s most of the Web hosting service providers are upgraded to advanced SSD storage and are giving unlimited storage features. But most of the WordPress users are facing the blog loading issues.
Here is the best plugin to improve your blog loading time and the perfect time to upgrade the blog to the next levels.
The plugin is named “WP Rocket (WordPress Rocket)”. Google loves fast loading blogs and it gives high priority in search engine ranking to those sites.
Is WP Rocket worth it? This plugin is giving awesome results for every WordPress blog. Personally, I am using this plugin for 12 months. The results are excellent.
This is a Premium plugin. Before this, I used free caching plugins – W3 total cache, WP Super Cache, Autooptimize and Speed Booster. But you need to know additional skills to configure the plugins and it takes more time.
These caching plugins create a cache of the static file of your blog posts. When the user is accessing those files, the plugin serves the pages from cache folders directly.
I observed a few issues from the free versions like, if I updated any plugin from the dashboard, the site structure was broken. I started my research to solve this issue permanently. I found WP Rocket. It solved my WordPress caching issues.
Here are some issues I found when I use the W3 Total Cache plugin on my blog:
- 404 error as “404 Page Not Found” from Yoast Sitemap
- When I enable “Set expires headers” feature from “Browser cache” option, Woocommerce products could not clear from the Cart
- When I enable the Minify button, it was breaking my WordPress theme.
WP Rocket Review 2020
What is WordPress caching?
WordPress caching is the way of the web performance improvement process. If your blog is getting more clicks from search engines, you need to enable WordPress caching by installing WordPress cache plugins. There are some free cache plugins available to enable this caching improvement.
When your WordPress blog is getting more requests from different clients, and reusing the old or previously generated data to speed up new requests is called WordPress caching.
The purge caching is the way of re-catching old data from the client-side. Here old cache data will be removed and the new cache will be regenerated. It is based on the number of protocols like – when a new comment is posted when you publish a new post or update an old post.
Recently I created a poll on best cache WordPress plugin in our BloggingDen VIP support Facebook Group. Most of the industry experts are using this plugin.
What are the benefits of WordPress caching?
The benefits of WordPress caching is involved in the following.
- It speeds up your site
- It gives better search engine ranking
- It saves some resource consumption from the server-side
- No need to spend more attention on cache’s complex settings
- It doesn’t break your WordPress site
If you are really facing page loading issues with your WordPress website, I strongly suggest buying WP Rocket.
What is WP Rocket?
WP Rocket cache plugin is the new trending speedup plugin for WordPress users. It comes with awesome features for better conversions. WP Rocket is Performance optimized caching plugin. It improves the site loading speed within 3 minutes. Setup is very simple. No need for additional skills to configure this plugin. Already more than 6 lakh WordPress users grabbed this best WordPress Caching plugin.
The WP Rocket latest version is 3.7.1 (Link here for details)
Special features of WP Rocket Plugin:
The WP Rocket plugin comes with few in-build plugins. These are the special feature,
- Easy to set up: You can set up this plugin within 3 to 4 minutes. No Programming skills are needed
- Ultra-fast cache loading time: Helps you for better search engine ranking
- Cache Preloading: Improves indexing of your website by search engines instantly
- Sitemap Preloading: Preload all the URLs in your XML sitemap to ensure that your site’s cache is always warm. Automatic detection of Yoast SEO, All in One SEO and Jetpack sitemaps.
- GZip Compression: It helps you to optimize the rendering of web browsers and save bandwidth, and it facilitates the work of the browser (Gzip compression, expires headers, tags).
- Database Optimization: It cleans up your database to remove bloat and reduce its size, boosting your site’s performance. You can schedule regular clean-ups to keep things running smoothly.
- Google Font Optimization: It helps you for a faster website with HTTP requests. This is an added Great feature.
- Remove Query Strings from Static Resources: It improves your GTMetrix grade by removing query strings from CSS/JS files. Cache busting is retained by encoding the version number into the URL.
- Lazyload: The feature is improved and save additional plugins load. It improves the load time of the page by loading the images after the user scrolls the page. YouTube, Facebook, Yahoo, and other major websites are using this technique. The same technique was coming as an inbuilt feature.
- Cloudflare compatibility: You can integrate your blog with the Cloudflare CDN account easily. You can manage Cloudflare cache, development mode enability from your dashboard with a single click for better performance. To integrate Cloudflare CDN, you need a free account.
- DNA Prefetching: They offer a special tool to reduce the time of DNS resolutions from external domains, by preloading.
- Developer Friendly: WP Rocket’s code is developed according to WordPress best practices. It is clean, commented and has loads of hooks so developers can easily make advanced customizations.
How to Install WP Rocket Plugin?
The installation of WP Rocket is very simple. After download, the plugin from the official page, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Go for Plugins
Login into your WordPress blog and go to Plugins > Add New
Step 2: Upload and Activate the Cache plugin
Click on the Upload button and Choose the downloaded plugin location and select the plugin, click on the Install button and Activate the plugin.
Step 3: Start Configuration
This is simple. Now you need to configure the plugin.
Note: First you need to disable and delete the old cache plugins from your WordPress blog.
How to setup WP Rocket Plugin in your Blog? (WP Rocket settings)
The WP Rocket plugin comes with awesome features. You can use these features within 3 to 4 minutes. No need to learn additional coding skills. Here I am explaining the basic settings for easy configuration.
Basically, the plugin will be pre-configured with optimal and safe settings after activation.
I am providing my basic settings which I am using for my blogs. Here are the complete WP Rocket Settings 2020.
After activation of this plugin, go for Settings > WP Rocket from the left side column.
You will get the WP Rocket User-friendly interface with the following options. Here are the WP Rocket best settings. They are
When you enter into the plugin settings page the first option is Dashboard.
Here you will find the premium activation status, account details, and FAQs. You can perform the actions like clearing the cache, viewing your account and contacting the support team and more.
Here you will find the basic options like Mobile cache, User cache, and Cache Lifespan.
3. File Optimization
From this page, you can activate the Lazyload, Emoji disable, and Embeds prevention. The lazy loading feature helps you to perceive the loading time for your images, iframes, and videos at the user end by reducing the https request automatically. Enabling the Lazy loading feature gives a better impact on page loading speed and better user experience.
From here, Sitemap preloading, Preload Bot, and Prefetch DNS Requests configuration settings are available.
In the URLs to prefetch box at Prefetch DNS requests, section add the following URLs for better DNS prefetching. Just copy the given list of URLs and paste in the specified box then save the settings.
After Save the settings, then go for the Preload cache option from the WP Rocket top admin panel. When cache lifespan expires and whenever click the preload link from the admin toolbar or from the WP rocket dashboard. It is important to note that preloading doesn’t work. if you have a separate mobile site or use cookie specific cache files. After a preload has been triggered you shall see the notices at the top of your screen.
6. Advanced Rules
This is a helpful option to improve your page speed. You can add the details of the un-caching file of plugins here. Keep these settings as default if you are a newbie.
You can optimize the database for more speed and clean revision, auto drafts and trash posts. you can schedule the auto cleaning process.
You can configure CDN (Content Delivery Network) like MaxCDN or KeyCDN and any other from here.
WP Rocket is providing four add-ons currently. They are
On-click Rocket Add-on:
- Google Tracking: If you enable this feature, you can see the Google analytics errors in the Speed testing tools like GTMetrix and Pingdom. better to host this feature locally to fix these issues. It hosts the Google scripts locally on your servers to help and satisfy the page speed recommendations for Leverage browser caching.
- Facebook Pixel: It improves the Browser caching feature.
- Vanish (Use this feature if your site hosted on WP Engine and FlyWheel hosting server supports. For more details contact your hosting provider before configuring this add-on).
- Cloudflare: You can integrate your free Cloudflare account by providing the Global API key, Account Email, and Zone ID here. In this addon page, choose Optimal settings to autoconfigure the basic settings. You are new to the Cloudflare, you may check the Cloudflare settings in my article.
Helpful features. You can import or export the plugin configuration settings from here. Rollback feature is a useful option to rollback your plugin to a previous major version, which is useful in bug infection or plugin conflict.
Reducing or disabling the Heartbeat API’s activity can help save some of your server’s resources.
The WordPress Heartbeat API provides a connection for real-time data transfer and syncing between the server and the browser. Examples of where the Heartbeat API is involved include:
- Autosave and revisions in the post editor
- Notifications on the WordPress admin dashboard
- Post-locking information when another editor is working on a post
- Real-time data displayed on the dashboard by plugins (e-commerce)
If you are confusing how to do the page caching properly, you can visit this section. Here are the awesome video tutorials, which help you how to configure this plugin WP Rocket perfectly.
How to Get WP Rocket Plugin?
Is WP rocket free? WP Rocket is a premium plugin. It is not available in the free WordPress plugins repository. You must buy the plugin from their official site by following the steps.
Step 1: Go for plugin official page
First, you need to click the below button. You will be redirected to the pricing page. Here you need to pay a few dollars to grab this simple plugin.
Step 2: Pick the perfect plan
Here you will get the pricing table like below. Choose the plan which is suitable for your blog. The full pricing or license options are as follows:
- Single: $49 (1 site): This is a simple choice for a new blogger, who has started a new blog on the WordPress platform.
- Plus: $99 (3 sites): This is a good choice for professional bloggers who are running 2 to 3 sites
- Infinite: $249 (unlimited sites): It is a worthy choice for WordPress website developers
Step 3: Place the Order
On this page, enter the details like Email address, First name, last name, Country and payment details. Finally, click the Place Order button. Here there are two payment options. They are a Credit card and Paypal. Choose one system, enter their details and complete the purchase. Your account will be activated after confirming the registered email.
After payment, you will get an email with activation mail and login details. Just log in with their credentials and download the plugin.
SiteGround Hosting for Better Speed
Siteground is a highly recommended web hosting provider and recommended by WordPress official. Most of the professionals and business blogs’ first choice are Siteground WordPress hosting.
I am using the GoGeek plan from Siteground to host this site along with the WP Rocket plugin. Their customer support team service and speed are very good. If you are stucking at page loading time, then go for better to upgrade your hosting to Siteground WordPress hosting. So grab the 70% great discount to save money from the regular prices by using the Siteground discount. If you are planning to migrate your data from Siteground to other hosting, you can cosnider these best siteground alternatives.
The pricing of the Plugin starts from $49 for one year of full support and updates.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is WordPress Rocket?
WordPress Rocket is the full form of WP Rocket. It is one of the premium WordPress caching plugins. This is one of the best performance plugins and improves the page load time with better optimization features.
Is WP Rocket free?
No. WP Rocket is a premium plugin and it comes with affordable prices in three plans.u003cbru003eYou can choose one plan and make a purchase then install into your site and start file optimization.
Does WP rocket work?
Yes, 100% it is working good and support with all WordPress hostings. It improves your page load time than other free caching plugins like WP Super cache and W3 total cache.
How do you set up a WordPress Rocket?
The rocket plugin setup is very simple. After purchasing the plugin, you have to download the plugin from the official site. It is not available in the Free WordPress plugin directory. After complete your downloading, upload into your WordPress site from u003cstrongu003edashboard u003e Plugins u003e Add New u003e Uploadu003c/strongu003e and Activate now. After activating the plugin you have to follow the basic Rocket plugin settings in this article. That’s it. Finally check the speed in the Gtmetrix and Pingdom tool.
How do I uninstall WordPress Rocket?
If you did not like the plugin or facing any issues with your servers, you can uninstall this rocket plugin. You can uninstall this plugin by using two different methods. they are Manual method and Uninstallation from WordPress admin. In the manual method, you can go through FTP or File manager (which is available in Web hosting cPanel). Then remove the WP Rocket folder from the u003cstrongu003eWP-Content u003e WP Pluginu003c/strongu003e folder. After this manual removal, you must remove the u003cstrongu003e/WP-Content/advanced-cache.phpu003c/strongu003e file also. That’s it.
Pros and Cons of WP Rocket Plugin
- It reduces page load times
- Easy to use than other cache plugins
- Added performance optimization features
- The well-designed caching dashboard interface
- There are no cons with this plugin. Everything is good.
- You need some technical skill in Advanced Rules configuration
The options and functionality of the WP Rocket are very close to other Free Cache Plugins. But maybe not everything.
With WP Rocket plugin, you will get
- Convenience: More cache, easy to access configuration options, etc. all in one place. You need not constantly bounce back and forth between different plugins.
- Compatibility: None of the features interferes with other options in the plugin.
- Support: If you go for Free plugins, the support is limited or sometimes they will respond after months. But the support of the WP Rocket is awesome. They will respond and solve the issues within 24 hours.
- Updates: As a premium member, you will receive regular updates from the developers directly. If the update is available, you can update it from your dashboard directly. No need to download a new version every time.
For other references:
- Rank Math WordPress SEO plugin and its Settings in 2020
- How to Build Your WordPress Website Quickly with Elementor Plugin?
- What is Cloudflare? How to Connect Free CloudFlare CDN to your WordPress Blog?
- How to Submit Your WordPress XML Sitemap to all Search Engines?
- How to use Mailchimp for Email Marketing in 2020? (Beginners Guide)
I hope this WP Rocket Review & settings is helpful and comprehensive. Do not forget to share this useful guide to help out others, who are facing the page loading issues.