Are you searching for the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress website? If yes, you are at a perfect place to know about suitable plugins to track your website statistics and user behavior.
Adding Google Analytics to your website is very important. It helps you to grow your online business.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free analytics tool. It helps you know WordPress analytics (blog statistics) like traffic, user activity, conversion tracking, and eCommerce tracking details. Nearly 70% of web admins are using this service to improve their blog traffic and conversion rates.
Google Analytics helps you to know the following points
- To know your visitor’s path as to how they are finding your website
- To understand the real-time stats of your site
- To know the inbound and outbound link stats
- To see the status of blogs posts and pages
- To know the demographics of your website
Google Analytics helps you add your Tracking ID to every page and post automatically, and it tracks the performance of your website.
If you are new to Google Analytics, you can check my Google analytics integration Guide for easy reference. Google Analytics recently launched a new feature for enhanced eCommerce statistics.
How to Create Google Analytics Account?
Creating and Setting up a free Google Analytics account is not an easy task. It is super easy. Even newbies can do it. You can follow the given step to create a new account.
- Visit the Google Analytics home page.
- Click on “Create an Account”
- Enter your Blog’s Address, Account Name, Country, and Time Zone.
- Agree with the terms and conditions by a checkmark in the “Yes, I agree to the above terms and conditions” checkbox.
- Then the “Create Account” button.
- In the next step, find the Web “Property ID” and the Get Google Tracking Code. Copy the ID and google tracking code and store it in notepad. In the identical window, copy the Tracking Code in the notepad.
How to connect Google Analytics to Blogging Platforms?
Google analytics can integrate most of the blogging platforms with simple steps. Blogging platforms means the basement core files to run websites in the web servers. The most popular platforms are Blogger, WordPress, and Wix. These are free to use. But in case WordPress needs web hosting to manage WordPress files in a good way. Using the analytics tools, you can track website visitors with good website analytics reports, which helps you make a good marketing strategy to attract more customers by using its user data.
Let us see the integration process of Google analytics.
Integrate with Blogger platform:
If you are using the Blogspot platform, you can connect the GA account in two different ways.
There are two significant steps.
Step 1: Add Google Analytics Property ID
Step 2: Add Google Analytics Tracking Code in Blogger template
Step 1: Add Google Analytics Property ID
Login to Blogger account Dashboard.
Go for Settings > Other > Google Analytics.
Paste the Web Property ID collected from the above method and paste it into the “Analytics Web Property ID box” then Save Settings.
Now is the time to add Tracking code in the blogger template.
Step 2: Add Google Analytics Tracking Code
Of course, it is a little bit technical. But it is super easy to complete it. By following these simple steps, you can complete this step within few seconds.
From your Blogger dashboard, go for Blogger > Template > Edit HTML
Now Search for </body> tag in the box by pressing “Ctrl + F”.
Add Google First Backup your Blog template before adding the tracking code.
Paste your Google Analytics Tracking code just above the </body> tag.
Save the Template. That’s it.
The creation of new Google analytics and integration with the Blogspot platform is very simple. Now you have to wait for one day to get the complete analytics report of your website.
Integration with WordPress platform
Integrating a Google analytics account with a WordPress blog is also super easy in two ways. For the WordPress platform, plugins fulfill the integration process. The installation and Setup of the WordPress plugin installation and Setup are much easier to start tracking. There are free versions, and premium versions are available on the web. Plenty of free versions are available right now in the free WordPress plugin repository.
You can add the Google Analytics tracking code in the WordPress header region without any plugin. But if you want to check the analytics, you need to go to the official site by logging in.
So integrating with Google Analytics by using WordPress analytics plugins permits access to the analytics data from the WordPress dashboard without leaving and logging into the analytics account.
You have to install one Google analytics WordPress plugin and authenticate with your existing Google Analytics account. In this article, I listed a few of the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress websites.
In the WordPress plugins repository, there is plenty of free google analytics available. You can use any of the plugins from there.
If you do not have any technical skills in this area, you can use the advantage of WordPress plugins for easy integration with your WordPress website.
Here is the list of top WordPress plugins for google analytics.
Best Google Analytics Plugins for WordPress List 2021
If you think about the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress, here are the complete detailed lists of WordPress Google Analytics plugins to use on your website. The plugin settings are super easy to connect with Google analytics account.
Let us check the list of best WordPress plugins to integrate your Google analytics to start tracking immediately.
1. MonsterInsights – Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress
Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights is an excellent plugin to track your blog. It is the most popular and best WordPress Google analytics plugin. It is the best analytics plugin for WordPress sites.
It stays up to date with the newest features in GA. You can set up this plugin within 5 minutes with a few clicks only.
MonsterInsights plugin is the most popular Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress users. The plugin was formerly known as Google Analytics for WordPress by Yoast (Google Analytics by Yoast).
The Google Analytics dashboard plugin for WordPress by Monsterinsights plugin was acquired in 2016 by Syed Balkhi (Founder of WPBeginner). This Google Analytics WordPress plugin is also available in two versions – the Premium version and the free version with limited features. This best free google analytics plugin for WordPress 2021 is available in a free version with limited features. The Premium version of MonsterInsights comes with a few more additional features.
The monster insights google analytics plugin for WordPress reached 15 million downloads already. You can check the tracking reports from your WordPress dashboard without leaving and logging into the GA account in another tab. The tracking settings of this plugin are user-friendly. It is the best google analytics WordPress plugin. It comes with a built-in dashboard to show the Google analytics data.
MonsterInsights permits you to enable all the advanced google analytics tracking features, possible with just a few clicks. It just works. A simple way to insert Google Analytics tracking code and keep it there when switching themes. No need to copy/paste the code anywhere. It is the best way to handle Google Analytics on WordPress.
MonsterInsights is the best free google analytics plugin for WordPress 2021. The MonsterInsights’ enhanced eCommerce for WordPress feature is the easiest and most important in the market.
Why MonsterInsights is the most famous Google Analytics plugin for WordPress? It is effortless to set up to know the perfect insights racking within hours. It helps you to Get to Know Your website visitors in a Complete New Way.
Here are the simple features to know
- Quick and Easy Setup
- Great Realtime stats
- Universal tracking features
- Better E-commerce Tracking
- Ad tracking feature
- Event tracking feature
- File downloading feature
- You can enable advanced Google analytics features with simple clicks.
- Audience Tracking: audience report helps you get to know your visitors in a whole different way. It enables you to want to reach better and engage your WordPress site visitors.
- Link tracking feature: The affiliate link tracking feature works with all WordPress affiliate link management plugins like Pretty Links, Thirsty Affiliates, and others
- Author tracking feature and many more features
How to configure Google Analytics with monster insights WordPress plugin for your website? It is a simple “Install-activate-add tracking ID -save it.” That’s it.
Cost: Free. Pro version starts from $99
2. ExactMetrics – Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress
ExactMetics is another useful Google analytics Dashboard plugin for WordPress plugin to track the WP statistics, in-depth page reports, and detailed post reports.
If you’re looking for the best free google analytics plugin for WordPress, we highly recommend ExactMetrics. It enables you to segment your analytics data by providing performance details for each page and post from your blog/site. It is an excellent addition to the WordPress setup. It is another best Google analytics dashboard WordPress plugin. With wp statistics, you won’t have to configure Google Analytics, and It won’t share your website’s data with anyone.
- To track the visitors and gets analytics reports on the WordPress dashboard without leaving.
- It can show the details of Pageviews, Organic searches, referral traffic, mobile traffic stats, and bounce rate.
- Real-Time Report – see who is online on your website in real-time, right inside your WordPress dashboard.
- It provides the on-page details of each page and post to analyze and gives actionable insights.
- Event tracking for AMP
- To track affiliate links and Outbound links with enhanced link attribution.
- Custom dimensional tracking of Authors, Publication year, Publication month, Categories, User management and Tags
- The tracking feature of Downloads, Emails, Outbound links, Affiliate links, and much more
- 1-click Google Analytics Enhanced eCommerce tracking system for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, LifterLMS, and MemberPress.
Cost: Free. Premium starts from $99.50 per year.
3. Site Kit By Google
Site kit is the official WordPress plugin from google to know the site insights in one place. It provides the complete details and insights from the critical Google tools to better search engines.
The Site kit plugin helps you to integrate four different services and can access their insights without leaving the WordPress dashboard for free.
The site kit shows the following key metrics and insights on the WordPress dashboard from different Google products. I feel this is the best free analytics plugin for the WordPress site.
- Search Console: It helps you to monitor your site traffic, performance, and indexing stats
- Analytics: This WP analytics tool provides enormous data about your site’s visitors and their behavior.
- Adsense: It helps you integrate the Adsense account and code to display ads within your content and display the earning reports.
- PageSpeed Insights: It helps you show the website performance with lots of suggestions to improve desktop and mobile experiences.
- Tag Manager: It enables you to add tracking pixels and snippets to your site.
- Optimize: You can run A/B tests for your site, and by integrating Google Analytics, you will get better insights.
The value addition as your WordPress plugin to know the complete analytics from the single WordPress dashboard. The Site kit by Google is a simple WordPress free analytics plugin. This official google analytics WordPress plugin is a must-have plugin. I feel this is the best analytics plugin for WordPress 2021.
Cost: Free of cost
4. Rank Math SEO
Rank Math is a new generation SEO plugin for WordPress sites. It is a perfect SEO plugin for on-page activities and technical optimization. This plugin comes with google analytics and Search console integration features and enables limited insights in their free version. The Rank math Pro version allows all the analytics information in four filtered tabs like Dashboard, Site analysis, SEO performance, and Keywords. You can track and measure the keyword ranking for better SEO success.
If you want to know more details about this plugin and its settings, you can now check it in my Rank math SEO review and settings.
Here are the excellent features of Rank Math SEO. After reading these features, you cannot leave this plugin without a grab.
- It is LightWeight and fully optimized for Speed.
- Simple Modular Interface design
- Simple User-Friendly Interface
- Helpful Content In-depth SEO Analysis
- Advanced SEO settings
- Easy Rich Snippet setup
- XML Sitemap creation
- Easy Schema setting
Cost: Free. Pro version starts from $59
The GAinWP Google Analytics Integration for WordPress plugin easily integrates Google Analytics tracking and dashboard reporting into your website in just minutes. The Google Analytics tracking code is fully customizable through options and hooks, allowing advanced data collection like custom dimensions and events.
The Google Analytics Integration for WordPress plugin (GAinWP) easily integrates Google analytics code and dashboard reporting into your website in exactly minutes. The Google Analytics tracking code is completely customizable through options and hooks, allowing advanced data collection like custom dimensions and events.
We can view the most advanced Google Analytics (GA) in the Google search console (GSC) dashboard on your website’s dashboard by integrating with this free WordPress Google Analytics plugin on your website. It is the advanced google analytics plugin.
The Setup of the google analytics WordPress plugin is straightforward. The Advanced Google Analytics reports, in realtime, on your dashboard screen:
- Real-time number of visitors
- Realtime acquisition channels
- Realtime traffic sources details
- You can track the affiliate link tracking and their performance
6. ShareThis Dashboard for Google Analytics
ShareThis developers develop the Google Analytics WordPress plugin. It is a simple plugin to install and add a Google Analytics tracking code without modifying any code files.
It is another free google analytics WordPress plugin. It allows you to read the analytics reports from the WordPress dashboard. You can use this plugin to track your site analytics within 10 minutes after install and activate it. Authentication with google analytics is effortless.
This free WordPress analytics plugin has the feature to disable your logging feature; it means you can control your blog’s private browsing. The plugin has a different unique feature called Trending Content.
This feature gives information on traffic patterns and a list of performing better than average, like SignUp alert via Email. It is an entirely free plugin. There are no paid upgrades.
You can use advanced google analytics tracking features without customizing your tracking code.
You can start a data-driven decision with provided data within this plugin dashboard.
- It helps you know your site’s Visitor trends like pageviews, users, page session, and bounce rate for the past seven days.
- It helps you to know the visitor’s traffic sources.
- It helps you to know the updated with top 10 pages.
- New demographics
- Trending content
- SignUp alert
- You can enable or disable the TrackingTracking of the actual visitors like admin or editors.
- Fully optimized for Mobiles
- GDPR compliance tool helps you integrate with ShareThis GDPR compliance tool
7. GA Google Analytics
GA Google Analytics plugin is another most popular lightweight and GDPR compliance plugin in a free version with limited features. Simply add your GA Tracking ID and be done.
If you need more features, you have to upgrade to the premium version. But you have to go for your Google Analytics account to view the analytics data. No separate dashboard on your site.
This best free WordPress plugin for google analytics is a super-fast plugin with plenty of features added to track your blog statistics and visitors’ performance.
If you want to know the blog performance and statistics, you must log in to your Google Analytics account in a separate tab. It doesn’t show any blog statistics on your WordPress dashboard. It is another Google Analytics to WordPress plugin. It is a simple WordPress plugin for Google Analytics.
- Option to disable TrackingTracking of admin-level users
- Option to enable page tracking in the Admin Area
- Easy to customize the tracking code
- It supports all GA tracking methods and features like universal analytics, Global site tag, Legacy tracking, Display Advertising, and more.
Cost: Free. The Pro version starts from $15 per month.
GA Google Analytics plugin is another most popular lightweight and GDPR compliance plugin in a free version with limited features. Simply add your GA Tracking ID and be done.
Analytify is another best google analytics plugin for WordPress, a simple and best free WordPress analytics plugin for free. It allows an easy-to-install process to add the tracking code to your site. It is the best WordPress plugin for analytics.
This plugin was developed by M Asif Rahman (From Analytify). It helps you to make google analytics simple for your use everywhere in the WordPress blog. It beautifully notifies the post statistics under the WordPress Posts/Pages at the front end, back end, and WordPress dashboard.
The plugin gives additional power to your blog analytics inside of your dashboard. The plugin is available in two Free and Premium versions. In premium versions, E-Commerce reporting, campaign tracking, and EDD extensions are added.
- You can check the analytics data without leaving your WordPress dashboard.
- Events, woo-commerce, affiliate, forms, and authors tracking.
- It shows the real-time data.
- You can check the individual posts and pages statistics.
- Campaigns tracking using UTM parameters
- You can track the eCommerce and download data to track your sales, transactions, and revenue.
- Easy to install and set up with one-click authentication (No need to copy-paste your Google Analytics tracking code anywhere).
- Shows individual post statistics on WP dashboard
- Shows top list countries, cities, Social media statistics, browsers, referrers
- It helps you to know the mobile device stats.
- To know the Bounce rate stats of the particular pages.
- Top Keywords report – How the people finding you
- In the Premium version, more features
- You will receive the email notification of your posts and page performances, and statistics.
Cost: Free, the premium version starts at $39
9. Analytics Cat
Analytics Cat is a free analytics plugin for WordPress, and which is a short, clean, the fastest plugin to integrate your google analytics code within 2 minutes without slowing your site down.
It doesn’t show any data from your dashboard. All reports will be delivered to the Analytics official account only. It is another free analytics plugin for the WordPress site.
- Easy to set up
- It hides your analytics tracking code from logged-in users. It helps you to protect your data from misuse.
10. Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin for WooCommerce
If you are looking for the best free WordPress Google Analytics plugin to track your Woocommerce store, this is the perfect choice to start monitoring for free.
The plugin has some limitations, like you have to read it before using it. It tracks only simple products and is not compatible with most of the themes and like custom themes and child themes.
A free google analytics account is required to use this extension WooCommerce – the most customizable eCommerce platform for building your online business. It gives the best analytics for woocommerce. It is the best woocommerce analytics plugin.
- Its tracking feature gives very good tracked data to optimize online stores and user behavior.
- It supports four different behavior and performance reports like shopping, checkout, product, and sales.
- It helps track the product impressions, clicks, and cart events from the product page, category page, and featured product section.
Cost: Free, The premium version of the best google analytics plugin for woocommerce starts from $30.
11. 10Web Analytics
View and customize all GoogleAnalytics reports directly in your WordPress dashboard.
It is another simple plugin in our Google analytics WordPress plugins list. Once installed and activated this plugin, you can check the data from your WordPress dashboard section without leaving. It is a Google analytics free plugin.
- You can set and manage the goals from your WordPress dashboard
- Google Adsense and Google ads integration feature helps you to get the crucial data from ad campaigns
- Realtime analytics
- You can export the reports as CSV
- It offers eCommerce tracking, custom notification on specific triggers, and custom event tracking codes
The WP Google Analytics Events plugin is a simple google analytics tool that helps you track the complete events on your site without writing any codes.
It helps you to understand what your visitors they are doing on your website. The plugin is not comprehensive as the mentioned above plugins.
- By using the recorded events, you understand the performance of your CTA (call to action) buttons, links, page navigation, and contact form submission information
- You can track the youtube and Vimeo videos performances with its premium version
- Understanding what percentage of your visitors got to the end of an article
- Setting event-driven goals in Google Analytics
To set up google analytics on WordPress, the choice of plugins is entirely based on your needs.
The above given best WordPress google analytics plugins are lists as per their popularity, installation rates, and performance.
If you want to know the complete details about your blog analytics reports, MonsterInsights is my suggestion for the best plugin analytics for the WordPress site. It is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress 2021.
If you are running an eCommerce store, you better go with the premium versions of those respective plugins.
If you do not want the blog analytics reports from your blog dashboard, Analytics Cat is a better choice. It is a lightweight solution to add tracking code quickly.
If you plan to try Google analytics alternatives or other than Google analytics, Jet Pack and Clicky are the better choices. JetPack is another best WordPress stats plugin (Best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress Blogs) from WordPress developers.
I hope this article on Google Analytics WordPress Plugin list 2021 is beneficial to know your blog statistics, and it helps you bring your blog to the next level.