Why do you need WordPress SEO Plugins to run your blog? How do these SEO plugins aid your site in optimizing your content and rankings?
These are the important questions I hear these days about SEO plugins. Here I have come up with this article about SEO Plugins that will help your WordPress site, and I have also listed the top most plugins for you in the below article.
So, coming to the topic! WordPress is the topmost CMS used by billions of customers to power their websites. If you are a beginner, you can start your site with WordPress, as it gives feasibility to add different features through the plugins.
WordPress is the most used Content Management System (CMS) worldwide. With a 60.7% share of the CMS market and more than 70 million websites created on this platform, it opens up a panorama with a lot of competition in SEO.
For this reason, you must use a good SEO positioning strategy on your website; for this, I have compiled a list of the 20+ best SEO plugins for WordPress that will help you rank your search engine rankings.
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEO is a set of techniques that have the main objective of making the sites more friendly to the search engines, working with selected keywords in the site content to be better positioned in the organic results.
Search engine optimization is usually defined as a practice for optimizing website content based on various factors to improve your website’s ranking on Google.
SEO’s ultimate goal is to eventually show your website at the top of the results page, bringing you more organic traffic from search engine users.
But you might think, what does the term “Organic Traffic” mean?
Traffic is typically referred to as organic when no advertising traffic is paid for and comes from Search Engines
What are the latest SEO trends in 2023?
Use the keyword in the title, slug (URL), and in the description.
Placing our keywords or keywords on our page or post is the best way to start the SEO Onpage on the right foot. Simultaneously, they must be concise, well-formatted, and should catch the reader’s attention.
- Content: Surely, you have heard that content is king. Yes, Google loves new and constant content, and above all, that provide value to users. Write quality content, and its length should be no less than 1500 words.
- Optimize speed for mobile: Today, 70% of web traffic comes from mobile users, surpassing desktop users. Google prioritizes this in its algorithms by changing the rules of the game. This is how AMP (accelerated mobile pages) was born and focused on optimizing these devices’ speeds.
- Loading speed: Google has made it clear that page speed is a key factor in getting a higher ranking in its search SERP. It is not an easy task, but basically, it requires an investment in quality Hosting and tools that allow reducing load times.
- Structured data: Structured data is a code that makes it easy for search engines to track, organize, and display content in the search SERP. It helps Google’s algorithms understand and index your content better and includes elements that improve your website’s visibility (for example, a star ranking).
- Image optimization: For better relevance, images should always have a title, alternative text, and description, and also ensure that they are saved in legacy web formats.
- Internal links: Internal links improve the metrics of your site and generate a better user experience; consider having at least 5 links that redirect to an authority page of your website.
- Robots.txt: This file allows you to block your website’s internal aspect from being indexed by search engines.
- Sitemap: It is a map of how a web page is organized. It is one of the easiest and most effective ways to inform search engines about the pages, entries, categories, tags, etc., of our web site’s files.
- Monitor error 404: Error 404 (page not found) negatively affects your SEO positioning, generates a high bounce rate, annoyance to users, and a penalty from Google.
- 301 redirects: This permanent redirect tells search engines that one URL has been permanently moved to another.
- Facebook OpenGraph, Twitter Cards: It is precious that a user shares your website content, so you should consider including a personalized image for each page or entry created.
What are WordPress plugins?
WordPress plugins are specially coded small files, which enhances the WordPress site functionality and its look. If we install more than one plugin gives a better user experience dramatically. To use these plugins, additional coding skills are not necessary.
Plugins are programs that are installed in WordPress and that allow you to extend their standard functionality.
More than 50,000 plugins can add to your WordPress site for better functionality of your website. The quality of the plugins is very different, few of the plugins improve the functionality, and some might slow down the site speed. So the choice of the plugins is very different, and it depends on the site’s demands.
Most of the plugins in the WordPress directory are completely free. Few of the plugins are available in paid versions with efficient coding and quick support. Premium plugins mean which comes with additional features that are not available in free plugins. These are available out of the free WordPress plugin’s library.
How to Install An SEO Plugin in WordPress?
To use the WordPress SEO plugins is very easy. Most of the plugins are available in both the WordPress plugin directory and third-party developers. You can install these plugins in different methods. They are
- Plugin installation from WP dashboard
- Use Upload for third party plugins
Useful tip: Before uploading the plugin, you have to back up your entire site. If anything is wrong in the installation process or plugin coding, the site may be broken. So better to choose the best web hosting service, which is providing the regular backup feature.
A. Plugin installation from Plugin Upload:
This method is helpful to install the premium or paid plugin. Because these plugins are not available in the free directory. So you have to use the Plugin upload option from the WP dashboard.
- First, you have to download the plugin from the provider’s official website.
- Go for Plugins > New
- Then click on the “Upload Plugin”. It will be redirected to the uploading page.
- From this Upload plugin form, choose the file from the “Choose File” button and select the plugin file location you downloaded previously.
- Finally, click the “Install Now” and “Activate plugin” link.
- Once activated the plugin, you have to go to the plugin configuration page.
B. Plugin installation from WP Dashboard:
Installing Plugin from the WP dashboard is a very simple method.
- To do this, you have to login first into your blog, then go for Plugins > Add New, then search for the plugin from the plugin search.
- After a few seconds, you will get the list of plugins available in the WordPress free plugin directory.
- Finally, click on the Install now and activate the plugin. Now your plugin is ready to use.
Why do you need an SEO Plugin anyway?
- SEO plugins are a must for newbie bloggers to boost the sites to rank in top positions
- For professional bloggers, SEO plugins help keep the positions in google and avoid any ranking errors.
There are also many SEO Plugins available in the WordPress directory, which will help in different SEO aspects for your website.
List of Top SEO Plugin for WordPress
After fine research and consulting many top bloggers, I have come up with the below plugins for SEO which you can refer to and use on your WordPress site.
If you are a newbie blogger these Free plugins are somewhat enough for SEO and as your site grows you can opt for premium ones based on your need.
1. RankMath SEO
Rank Math is an SEO plugin that takes care of all the on-page SEO concepts. This is an all-in-one SEO tool as it contains many other features like 404 monitoring and Rich Snippets. XML sitemaps are the additional feature in the RankMath SEO plugin.
Time to time updates on SEO analysis done on your site to make changes in your site for better rankings. Social sharing from the pages itself is enabled in this plugin which will help you in sharing your posts as soon as they are published. This is the best WordPress SEO plugin 2021. To know the settings, learn how to configure the RankMath SEO plugin in a WordPress blog?
- This is an all in one SEO plugin which contains all the necessary tools for best SEO practices.
- It is very well optimized for WordPress such that the loading times are pretty good.
- Good support team who takes care of any issues in bugs and updates
- It is not an AI (Artificial Intelligence) based plugin.
- it is not included with Google news sitemap.
- You cannot revert back to the previously used SEO plugin setting.
2. Google Sitekit
Google site kit is one of the best WordPress plugins which is developed by Google. This plugin is helping every WordPress platform user from a small business to a developer and from a newbie to an advanced. It is free, open-source, and comes with a one-stop solution to insert ads, manage and get insights from Google tools. This is a simple and easy to use, and lightweight plugin for easy to set up.
Of course, the Google site kit WordPress plugin is a great choice for WordPress users. It has more than 3 lakhs active installation from the WordPress plugin directory.
The site kit gives complete insights into the google products on your WordPress dashboard. It saves more time to log in to multiple google tools. This is the best option for every WordPress webmaster and new blogger.
The Google tools come with this plugin to get the complete insightful reporting, they are Search Console, Google Analytics, Adsense, Page Speed Insights, Tag manager, and Optimize. This is the best plugin to display Google ads on your WordPress Blogs.
- Easy to integrate and setup
- Free plugin from the Google Official with regular update
- You can check many popular Google products at one interface from the WordPress dashboard
- You can check both stats of the Search Console and Google analytics from one place.
- Built-in Pagespeed insight integration helps you to check the website speed from your dashboard
- No Real-time traffic
- It only shows 7 days, 14 days, and 28 days of analytics data. But it doesn’t show current data traffic.
- Insufficient data to sum up the site performance to make business decisions for new bloggers
- To configure GDPR compliance, you need to know the coding skills. Because this plugin does not have the feature of automatically disabling tracking and IP hiding features.
- No additional setup for eCommerce integration
3. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is another complete WordPress SEO Plugin, which handles most of your site’s technical SEO and content Optimization, with more than 5 million active installations. The plugin is developed by the WordPress Blog’s elite developer “Joost De Valk ”. This site helps you to create an XML sitemap, search engine verification feature and helps you to create meta tags (title, description) for every single post.
When you are updating the content in your blog the plugin will instruct you on how to optimize your content for the search engines in three tabs. They are SEO, Readability, Social and Advanced tabs. The official page is having the complete Yoast SEO tutorial to perform better on the WordPress search engine.
Simply, using this WordPress Yoast plugin in your WordPress blog is a good option for better results.
- Create better content: The snippet preview lets you see how your page or entry will be displayed in search results.
- Analysis of the page: a traffic light that will indicate what you should correct or are avoiding when editing the snippet: keyword, content extension, title, and meta description, etc.
- Metadata elements and links: You can determine which pages Google should show in its search results and which ones should not.
- XML sitemaps: Automatically create an XML sitemap for Google and Bing.
- Social integration: Equipped with Facebook OpenGraph to link SEO and social networks (premium version).
- Multiple template support: Integrates with almost all templates or themes you decide to install in WordPress.
- It is easy to install and configure
- It helps you to improve readability and SEO with an inbuilt real-time analyzer
- It helps you to protect your content from RSS scrapers
- It comes with inbuilt Google autocomplete feature to choose the perfect keyword to optimize your content
- It helps you to detect website indexable issues
- It helps you to optimize your content for Facebook and Twitter easily
- Inability to define canonical URLs
- You can only optimize your content with a single keyword. it is not possible to optimize multiple keywords in the free version. If you need this feature, you have to go for the premium version
- Need premium version for more advanced SEO settings
- Can not deal with the bloated codes generated by the plugin
- Website speed can be reduced since all functions are activated at the same time.
4. All in one SEO
All in One SEO Pack is another most popular WordPress SEO plugin with more than 3 million active installations. The functionalities of this plugin are similar to Yoast SEO. It is a little bit customized with additional features like Robots.txt and Htaccess editing, Sitelinks adding features to search box markup, and others.
This is a simple plugin for beginners to optimize your WordPress site for SEO and it comes with advanced features along with an API for developers. The plugin has all the supportive features for better SEO like XML sitemap support, Schema.org Markup, integration feature for e-commerce sites, and support in 57 languages.
If you are a beginner, It is a perfect free WordPress SEO plugin.
- It is simple and easy to set up
- The interface is user friendly
- You can block the bad bot and referral spam
- An XML sitemap will be created automatically
- No content analysis feature like Yoast WordPress SEO
- It does not have search console integration feature
- No support for Free version
5. The SEO Framework
The SEO Framework plugin is a fast, lightweight SEO plugin without any ads. It is the greatest alternative to the Yoast plugin. This is another SEO plugin that implements the White-hat guidelines and rules imposed by WordPress and search engines in this development.
The post settings of the SEO framework plugin give complete information by its color scale to show how you are close to making your post SEO friendly. It has some additional features to add the best SEO WordPress settings including Local SEO, AMP integration, Uptime monitorization, Redirection, Comment spam protection, and incognito mode.
- This is a free plugin
- Huge SEO settings with a simple interface
- Attractive and colorful visual SEO bar gives the status of SEO for WordPress site
- It works very fast because of its well-optimized coding.
- Supportive documentation is very less.
- No content analysis feature
- Some settings are not user-friendly
6. All in One Schema Rich snippets
All in one Schema Rich Snippet is another WordPress blog SEO plugin to implement schema types like Review, Recipes, Article, Products, Events, and Services, etc. Of course, this plugin has good WordPress SEO plugin reviews. This plugin adds content to your page which is essential to show Google rich snippets.
This plugin is used to include structured data on a page or post (blog). It provides search engines with accurate and important information to display in the SERP of search results. This will help you differentiate yourself from your competition.
WHAT IS A RICH SNIPPET?
It is basically a short summary of your page in the search results of Google, Yahoo, Bing, and sometimes in the Newsfeed of Facebook in a nice format with star ratings, author photo, image, etc.
- It is Free to use
- Easy to set up
- It supports most of the rich snippet features
- Limited customization for the design
- Limited documentation
- No support for local business markup
7. Easy Table of Contents
Easy table of contents is a simple, basic for beginners it allows you twin factor table of content. It works very well with any type of page. After installing and activating this pledging is to generate a table of content for your post automatically.
You can choose the plane of where to insect your table of contents within your article. It has excellent options to configure as per your design it supports controlling and multiple counter Bullet formats. You can hide this table anytime.
This makes life easier for the user who wants to read a part of the post or see an outline of all the content. In addition, Google loves it because it helps the user to better understand the structure of the content.
The plugin works with any type of editor like classic editor, Gutenberg, Divi, Elementor like page builders. After activating the plugin, it creates the table of the content box within the content by collecting the content’s side headings.
- Easy to use
- Improved Custom designing feature
- Simple to install and configure
- It generates a table of content automatically. No additional setup
- You can hide the box in your custom pages
- Supportive with any type of page builders
- Available in many languages
- It does not have a separate typographic feature
- There are no negative issues with this plugin
- It is showing some visibility error with cache plugins particularly with W3 total cache
8. Broken link Checker
The subject of SEO is very interesting. But this is not limited to keywords usage, filling content, and making it readable. Finding the broken links within the content is very important. This plugin comes in the part of technical SEO. The Broken link Checker plugin helps you to find broken links from your site.
It helps you to find the broken links within your content. When Google detects the 404 error, they understand the page’s user experience negatively.
Finally, the user does not show interest to land on the empty page. So you have to find and rectify the broken link issue immediately for a better user experience. This is a single-purpose plugin for better SEO.
- Easy to use the plugin
- Instant solution to fix the broken links
- Best plugin for better technical SEO
- It checks every page, post, and web elements like CSS, template, and custom fields
- After fixing the links, you have to deactivate this plugin. If not, it shows the impact on server load time.
- It takes more than 2 hours to scan the big sites.
9. HREFLang tags lite
The Hreflang tags lite allows you to tell search engines which page to display for a given region and language. You can also use it to define other variations of the same content in different languages.
If your company is considering expanding to other languages or countries, the use of hreflang should be prioritized in the international SEO and content production strategy.
Hreflang is an alternate tag, included in the code of the pages of a website to indicate to Google that that content has versions in different languages and/or for different countries. Its use is important to indicate which content is most suitable for Google.
- It helps you to creates a new meta box under Posts, Pages, and Categories with this plugin
- It supports all languages that WordPress supports
- You can integrate with WordPress Multisite
10. WP Super Cache
WP Super Cache is one of the most popular WordPress cache plugins. The plugin helps you to load your blog faster from the user side. It generates static ‘HTML’ files from your dynamic blog.
After an ‘HTML’ file is created, your web server will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts. 99% of your visitors will be served static ‘HTML’ files.
Those users who don’t see the static files will still benefit because they will see different cached files that aren’t quite as efficient but still better than un-cached.
- It is the free and open-source product from Automattic. So, it is receiving updates regularly.
- It uses to collect garbage to cleat from the database and it helps you to speed up your site
- It has been integrated unique CDN setup feature
- Cache rebuilding
- Mod rewrite feature
- It is a free plugin
- It optimizes your site load speeds efficiently
- It saves your money through reduced website data usage
- It is highly customizable and flexible
- The setup is little-bit confusing for newbies
- Sometimes showing minor integration issues
11. W3 Total Cache
W3 Total cache is another very popular tool to speed up your website’s speed. It is more than a simple plugin, it is a complete tool.
There are a wide variety of options and several methods for clearing the cache.
But, the truth is that because it has so many options, it is not so simple to handle. And if you don’t know what you’re doing, you can break your page.
That is why most users who use this plugin already have advanced knowledge on how to optimize WordPress sites.
- Database storage
- Object storage
- Option to compress
- And much more
- It optimizes load speeds
- It reduces website data usage, and it saves more money
- It has the integrable features with other WordPress plugins
- Easy to set up and maintain
- Can pay to have the plugin optimally installed by W3 staff if required
- No support for Free users.
Most bloggers are spending their valuable time in online business by creating a new blog. They are working very hard to create content, develop marketing strategies, and work on the design. But they forget page loading speed. The cache plugin helps you in this aspect. Autoptimize is one of the best and simple Cache plugin for WordPress websites. It helps you to improve your search engine ranking. Of course, visitors prefer fast loading websites
- CDN integration
- HTML, CSS and JS files minification
- It defers scripts to the footer
- It is a free plugin
- It optimizing images, and all types of bulky scripts
- The minification removes the useless sections for better performance
- In some servers, it only works well along with other cache plugins like WP total cache or WP Super cache
13. WP Smush.it
WP Smush plugin is based on Yahoo Smush.it, a service that optimizes images and removes unnecessary bytes. This can greatly improve the loading speed of your site because it considerably reduces the size of images, which is usually one of the most time-consuming parts of loading a page.
Most tools use formats that interfere with quality, but in this, you can compress without noticing any difference.
- Remove unused color from images
- Remove metadata from JPEGs (they do not influence indexing)
- Optimizes JPEG compression
- Integrated with the Smush.it API
14. All in one WP Security & Firewall
WordPress is generally a secure platform. But adding an extra layer of security to your website never hurts. All in One WP Security & Firewall plugin will add security filters related to the account user, login credentials, database, and more. You can choose basic, intermediate, or advanced settings, depending on your needs.
If you are looking for a comprehensive set of security tools that do not require a license fee, the All in One WP Security & Firewall Plug-in. The plugin provides tools for account security and user login, database and file system security, firewall protection, and more.
Here are some additional features of this plugin:
- Ability to search for suspicious hosts or IP addresses that access your site
- Security scanner that checks database tables for suspicious strings or code injections
- Content spam prevention tools, including captcha tools to help prevent spam
- Front-end copy protection
- Ability to remove the WordPress version and Generator meta information
- Can be translated into several languages, such as German, Italian, Swedish, Chinese and Persian
- Protection against brute force attack
- It is a free plugin
- Brute force login protection
- Available in 11 languages
- Protection against content spam
- Protection against code injections
- Intermediate or advanced features may be incompatible with some plugins
- The plug-in can collect your IP information
- Does not protect against malware
15. Really Simple SSL
Really Simple SSL is a free plugin to configure your website/blog to run over HTTPS. It is a lightweight plugin with minimum settings and helps you to move sites to SSL certification. After Installing and activating this, your site will load with HTTPS site security mode. You have to get or activate the SSL certificate from cPanel.
It is available in both free and premium versions. The free version is enough for new blogs. If you need more additional features like a Mixed content fixer, HTTP Strict transport security, Advanced security headers, you have to upgrade to the premium version.
- Easy to use
- Simple configuration interface
- Helps you to solve the mixed content issue problem
- Well documentation to learn how to use the plugin
- It is compatible with multi-sites
- Support from the developer is very good.
- No free SSL certification. You have to activate or purchase separately.
16. EWWW Image optimizer
Optimizing images on your WordPress blog should not be overlooked. In addition to improving the user experience, this practice allows for increased efficiency of SEO strategies. EWWW Image optimizer is a free image optimization plugin with more than 8 lakhs active installation. It helps you to speed up your page loading time.
EWWW Image Optimizer performs optimizations on its own server, avoiding the waste of time when transferring collections from one server to another.
The EWWW makes all the compression on its own servers, which means you do not need to sign up for an API key.
It can also optimize images generated by other WordPress plugins and stored outside the folders of your media library. Finally, you don’t need an account to use the plug-in, but you can sign up for the API to receive additional features.
Fast loading pages are ranking well in search engines and give very good conversion rates (increase sales and signups). Basically, this plugin helps you optimize your existing images in your server and the images that you upload.
- Unlimited file size compression
- Image backup for 30days
- Compresses images that come on 3rd party plugins as well
- CDN supported
- Automatically skips already optimized images
- The free version of the plugin offers only lossless compression for JPEG images. So, the savings are comparatively small. However, you can unlock lossy compression settings by upgrading the plugin into its premium version.
17. SEO Writing Assistant
SEO writing assistant: The tool is one of the most popular and trending content optimization tools from SEMRush. SEMRush is one of the best SEO tools in online digital marketing. This premium plugin helps you to check your content in real-time for improvements in SEO suggestions and your content SEO score. This plugin is available on Google Docs, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge browsers as an add-on. You can try SEMrush free trial.
It suggests semantically related keywords to add to your content, readability changes, headline optimization, article length average count, and plagiarism.
- Real-time readability checking
- Providing semantically related keywords to add within your SEO copy, helps you to achieve a better ranking
- There is a free version to try
- Addon is available for Google doc users, Chrome browsers
- Effective AI-powered voice analysis suggests the changes for better voice optimization changes
- Plagiarism checks are very limited
- No long tail keywords suggestion in the related terms area
- The monthly subscription is costly
18. WP Review Pro
WP Review Pro is one of the high-end WordPress premium plugins that helps you create product reviews the right way. Of course, this is the most powerful and feature-rich WordPress plugin from the MyThemeShop store.
Most people research the details of the products before they buy them by reading reviews on different sites. By using this WP Review Pro, you can create an attractive and informative review on your blog without any coding skills. It helps you to promote online products for better sales. It replaces the traditional review feature.
WP Review Pro is the perfect review plugin, whether you are reviewing products, books, movies, games, or anything else. WP Review Pro’s powerful features do not come with complexity. The industry-leading options panel makes it easy to customize and use WP Review Pro exactly the way you want.
WP Review Pro is a powerful, feature-rich WordPress plugin from MyThemeShop that helps you create product reviews easily.
- Supports more than 18 rich snippets
- More than 15+ Pre Designed template is ready to use
- Multiple rating systems
- Separate user comment rating and review
- Integration feature for Google places, Yelp, Facebook reviews
- Easily generated comparison table feature
- Unlimited color options help you to change the snippet look
- Simple Import option to migrate the old review plugin settings
- More than 600 fonts and icons
- Morethan 10 custom widgets
- 100% Mobile friendly and responsive
- Very good support
- Limited learning resources
- Little bit costly
19. WP coupons
WP Coupons is one of the most popular, lightweight, stylish, and responsive WordPress Coupon plugins for Marketers. It was developed by affiliate marketers for affiliate marketers.
The plugin helps to increase your CTR and conversions. This is an excellent choice if you are planning to promote product coupons, this is a perfect choice.
The settings are very easy. This plugin is a huge money saver. Even newbies can use it easily
- Custom color option is helping to make the page attractive
- You can publish the coupons in separate coupon pages by using this plugin
- Popup coupon display
- Easy CSS customizer
- It displays all coupons at one place with attractive layout design
- Easy to install and use
- You can hide the coupon code up to click on the button
- Coding skill is not required
- Custom single post template
- Full customization
- Regular updates
- Awesome support from the developers
- You can add the Coupon expiry function feature
- It is not a free plugin
- No additional option to revert back all posts when it uninstalls
20. WP Rocket
I tried different cache plugins that improve speed and without a doubt, I choose WP Rocket, mainly because it’s very easy to configure the interface and because it integrates more than 80% of the best web performance practices to reduce loading time, essential to improve SEO and increase conversions.
- Cache: saves time and resources by not having to re-process website data for those repeat visitors.
- Media: Improves the loading time of images, emojis, and embedded content.
- Database: automatically clean “junk” or “cookies” files.
- CDN: easily integrates this functionality allowing a website to load from a nearby point where the user who enters the website is connected.
- Add Ons: they are plugins that improve speed (Cloudflare, Sucuri, and Varnish) or reduce the reading time of them, (Google Analytics, Pixel Facebook, Google Fonts).
- Simple, fast, and easy to configure.
- Technical support.
- It is paid and does not have a free version.
21. Elementor Pro
The Elementor plugin is one of the most famous page builders among the WordPress community, with a free version that is quite respectable. With a direct view of the page while you edit it.
Using its Drag and Drop system, you can create pages from scratch, adding sections, and in each section a column, or network of columns you need. Inside each column, you insert the default modules.
The Elementor Pro version takes it further, unlocking more add-ons, which offer you more features and content elements, which greatly improve the design of your page and enrich it.
Elementor Pro also allows you to use the default WordPress widgets, such as text, calendar, custom menu, labels, and all the rest.
Elementor cannot be missing from this list because it has a free version, where it offers the best possible solutions for designing and building pages, but Elementor Pro takes it to the next level of professionals.
Elementor Pro extends the basic features and improves them further, such as live form design, WooCommerce widgets, very fast sliders, more templates, and other features.
- Full drag-and-drop support
- Viewing changes live
- 20+ pre-designed templates between free and paid
- Remarkable speed
- Popup maker for subscription box creation
- It offers tons of elements
- It comes with a Theme builder
- It works with all types of themes
- The core product is 100% free
- Plenty of third-party plugins
- Easy to use drag and drop builder
- It has an active Facebook group to contact technical support
- Outdated interface for users
- Support is limited
- Global and static templates are confusing in design
- Marketing oriented features are very less
- No lifetime license only Yearly plans
SEOPress is another best WordPress SEO Plugin, which helps you to optimize your blog SEO, boost your traffic, social sharing improvement, and many more.
It is a freemium plugin. This is another best alternative to rank math SEO. It is featured on freemium, WCrafter, Kinsta, Majestic, SEJ, and WPBeginner sites.
- Helpful installation wizard for the plugin configuration
- Google analytics integration feature is simple to make the better content plan
- You can import the settings from your old SEO plugin settings with a single click
- Social posting review
- XML short for posts, category, and video
- The plugin supports custom post types
- It is very easy to use and improve
- Need some improvements for support
- In some features, it is showing some impact on page loading time
23. Squirrly SEO
Squirrly SEO is an AI-based private WordPress SEO plugin. It has more than 300 functionalities
for better SEO. It is a premium plugin. It does more help than other SEO plugins like Yoast and Rank math. Squirrly is giving very good SEO for humans and search engines.
- XML Sitemap for search engine submission
- You can turn on Open Graph for Social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter
- You can connect your tracking tools like Google Analytics, Facebook and Pinterest
- Content and image optimization features
- Easy to setup and implementation
- It has a duplicate remover tool
- It keeps a track of your content marketing strategy
- No need to add any card to activate your free account
- Virtual and SEO live assistance is very good
- You can use copyright-free images in your content
- You can audit your pages and posts
- Less Training materials
- This is not suitable for small business sites.
- The free version has very limited features
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best free SEO plugin for WordPress?
Six plugins are rocking 2023with the most advanced options for better site SEO. They are Yoast SEO, Rank math, Google XML sitemap creator, All in one SEO pack, SEOPress, and Squirrly SEO. We cannot use all the plugins on a single site. Every plugin has its unique feature to your WordPress site to the next level.
Does WordPress need SEO Plugin?
My answer is YES. WordPress needs SEO, and its built-in features and SEO plugins simplify the process. There are plenty of SEO plugins that are available in both free and premium. You can choose the best one and configure it according to the SEO plugin guidelines.
How do SEO plugins work?
The SEO Plugins allow you to create and optimize the metadata as per your content visible in the search engines. The Metadata is the combination of Meta title and meta description. If your site generates the metadata automatically, the site is not well optimized.
What is rank math SEO?
Rank math is a newly trending and excellent search engine optimization plugin for WordPress. It helps you optimize your content by following the built-in suggestions-based guidance. The final output with this plugin is a well-optimized site for both users and search engines.
Does Google favor WordPress?
This is a 100% rumor about Google’s favoritism to WordPress. WordPress is the content management system software developed by the Automattic company team by following the clear Google SEO guidelines. So the WordPress CMS has become very search engine friendly, making it easy for GoogleBot to consume the content.
Final Words on SEO plugins for WordPress
In the SEO market, most marketers say, “This is the best WordPress SEO plugin.” Most of the newbies and bloggers are confusing.
So I tested a few of the plugins and prepared this list. Every plugin is unique according to its functionality by resolving most of our SEO-related problems.
So if you are using a similar functioning plugin in your blog, identify the plugin and deactivate it. It helps you to speed up your site loading time. For example, if you are using both Rank math and Yoast SEO, you must deactivate one plugin because both plugins’ functioning is the same. So you have to keep an active one and deactivate another SEO plugin.
I personally think SEO isn’t as important as it used to be.. especially if one is using CMSs like WordPress, Drupal and others. These CMSs are baking SEO into their codes. The most important thing for webmasters is writing great content, implementing mobile friendly site and improving site speed.
Can I use wp super cache with wordfence security?
Yes you can use without any problem sir
Hi Satish Kumar,
Excellent article. Every pro-blogger use these plugin amazing list. Very helpful for new WordPress user and blogger. Great work keep up it.