hyperlink,link,-whereaseasily see blueDo you know why the hyperlink or internet link is blue? It is color psychology. The green and red colors cannot be distinguished or recognized by color blind people, meanwhile, most of the pethe people can easily the Blue color. They say thatMark Zuckerberg is having colorblind; there, so the color of the Facebook logo is blue. Today we will review some color theories and several tips to choose the best color for your website. It’s exciting, it’s an entire world to discover!
writeThis is the first in a series of articles I will do, so you can better understand the concept of color and choose a palette for your suitable website and improve conversions. “How Room Color Affects Mood“ is the basis of color psychology.
How to choose the best color for the blog?
use thatColor is a key element of many digital projects. When designing your website or blog, you think that you should not put the colors you like; you should use the colors that will influence the user to perform some action, which you want him to do. Each color has a meaning. Not all colors mean the same to everyone, nor do they cause us the same impressions.
What is Color Psychology?
requirementsyou,Color conveys feelings and evokes feelings; there is a whole psychology behind the color. It is very important to know that the requirement because choosing a color for your project is more important than you might think. Surely you and I know many, have ignored this step on your website or blog, but believe me, it is important to know him more and keep this in mind at the beginning of each project. Color psychology for business is very important.
According to Wikipedia,
Color psychology is the study of hues as a determinant of human behavior. Color influences perceptions that are not obvious, such as the taste of food. Colors can also work as placebos by having the color of pills be certain colors to influence how a person feels after taking them.
The colors are perceived through the eyes and cause unconscious responses in us, evoking a memory of a pleasant association or rejection. They base the emotions evoked by color more on personal experiences that tell us what a color is. For example, red is a color that in December reminds us of Christmas (positive). whereas when we see a firefighter, we relate it to the fire in our house (negative). Color can also change our moods. Color psychology marketing is one of the important factors in blogging and online marketing.
The basic principles of color psychology are:
- The color carries a specific meaning.
- The meaning of color is based on biologically innate meaning.
- According to the evolution process, the color change forces the color motivated behavior.
- Color meaning and effect have to do with context as well
Did you pass that feeling listless and prefer to wear clothing of cheerful color to lift your mood?
The Basics of Color Theory:
Wikipedia’s definition of (Color Theory Art Projects)
“Color theory is a set of basic rules in the mixture of color perception to achieve the desired effect by combining colors of light reflected or combining colors in pigments”. (or)
“Color theory is a body of practical guidance to color mixing and the visual effects of a specific color combination. There are also definitions (or categories) of colors based on the color wheel: primary color, a secondary color, and tertiary color”.
According to Traditional Color Theory, the mixing of colored light,
Isaac Newton’s color wheel is often used to describe complementary colors, which are colors that cancel each other’s hue to produce an achromatic (white, gray, or black) light mixture.
The color theory is classified into three types.
Classification based on Color Theory
The principles of color theory first appeared in Leone Battista Alberti’s (1435) Writings and Leonardo da Vinci’s notebook in 1490. But the traditional color theory started in the 18th century. According to Color Theory Basics, the colors are divided into three major categories based on Color theories.
1. Primary colors:
Primary colors are considered unique (absolute) and cannot be created by mixing other colors. There are 3 types of primary colors.
- Classical: used by designers and painters, using blue, red, and yellow. May be obtained by mixing these colors with all other colors we know.
- The additive primaries (light) are another set of primary: red, green, and blue. Used in science or imaging monitors. If mixed in different proportions other colors, and if they do form in equal amounts of white light.
- The subtractive primaries (pigment): It comprises magenta, yellow, and cyan. It uses them in printing.
2. Secondary colors:
Secondary colors are obtained by mixing equal parts of two primaries. They are Orange, Violet, and Green.
3. Tertiary colors:
These colors are obtained by mixing primary with secondary colors. They are the Violet-Red, Orange-Red, Orange-Yellow, Yellow-Green, Blue-Green, and Violet-Blue. The colors can be subdivided into Cold and Warm.
The colors range cold are those that include in their mix any shade of blue. They evoke serenity, and tranquility, expressing loneliness, distance and cold.
The warm palette is they belong to the yellow, red, and their derivatives. They usually have yellow and/or red combinations and are colors that express joy, dynamism, aggression, and strength and evoke heat, fire, and the sun.
How to Use Color Psychology on your Blog?
- Color is an important aspect to consider as an essential part when we have international projects. If you are using the colors according to your location or country may be the same colors are opposite meanings in other places. So Cultural differences play a key role in the conversion results.
- For example, in western RED symbolizes Passion, Love, and Energy, while in China, represents Good luck and Celebration In Russia, it is associated with the Bolsheviks and Communism.
- The fuchsia is female and is associated with girls, while Belgium is associated with children.
- Another striking example is Orange, while in the West it relates to items or affordable low cost, and with Halloween, the Netherlands is associated with the Dutch royal family and in Hinduism is considered a Scared color.
What are the Effects of Colors on your Blog?
Web colors in online marketing do more than give a presentation; usually, they speak for the product or service, not with words but with sensations and feelings. What color do you get more successful on the internet? If you answered blue you’re right, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and LinkedIn are very popular social networks on the web, and all influence the growth of web traffic exponentially, and if you observe all of them are blue why?
The color psychology on the web may have the following effects:
- Increases brand recognition up to 80%
- Increase reading up to 40%
- Accelerate learning between 55% and 78%
- Increase understanding by 73%
- Color ads are read up to 42% more ads in black and white.
Basic Colors and Examples
There are Eight basic colors are using for web designs and Blog theme customizations. They are
Color 1: Blue Color:
- It is the color of the sky and sea; it is the natural choice when we want things about it, trees, mountains, and animals all out against a blue background are visible.
- Among the meanings associated with it are depth, loyalty, wisdom, calmness, and sincerity.
- They associate it with stability and depth; it is a cool color emotionally linked to intelligence and consciousness.
Some Examples of Internet
- Technological Products: Samsung, Mr. Clean
- Personal Care: Gillette, Philips, Nivea, Sensodyne
- Airlines KLM and Delta
- Water sports: Henley Royal Regatta
Color 2: Red :
- It is a color that represents Power, Attraction, Energy, and Excitement.
- The color captures user attention. Intensifies the metabolism of the body by being the color of passion, sensuality, and seduction.
- It is the strongest of all colors, the color of life, joy, strength, passion, value, and attractiveness.
- This color is like men and women in the same proportion.
The color is mostly using Marketing employees
- Using in beverages Promotions: Coca-Cola, Estrella Damm
- Foods: KFC, Toki
- Ferrari dynamism: Ferrari
Color 3: Yellow :
- This is the color of the gods – Sun, Light – heat of summer, which is a positive color.
- They are associated with meanings such as fun, action, kindness, power, will, encouragement, strength, closeness, attraction, and affinity;
- But beware; it is a color, that can also transmit negative feelings like anger, jealousy, lies, and envy.
- In Asia yellow is the color of culture, gods, and rulers, happiness, glory, wisdom, and harmony.
- In China, its meaning transcends the dispensing life force, the majesty. Symbolizes sexuality, sour and bitter tastes, and refreshing.
Examples of sites on the web:
- Children’s market: Chupa Chups
- Advertising and Marketing: Ryan Keiser
Color 4: Violet :
- They are the most unique, extravagant, and mysterious color that exists.
- It provides the stability of blue and the energy of red. It symbolizes power, luxury, ambition, royalty, wealth, wisdom, creativity, independence, and dignity, The Violet would be the favorite color for Cleopatra’s Egypt; the mysterious purple is associated with nobility and spirituality.
- It has a special, almost sacred nature: lavender, orchid, lilac, violet, and other flowers are often considered delicate and precious.
- The color of sinful sexuality, the forbidden sex, uninhibited sex.
- A purple room boosts a child’s use of imagination and artistic creativity.
- Too purple could mean a bad mood. The bright purple is ideal for designs targeted at woman’s color.
The examples of this color used sites on the Web:
- It produces feelings of nostalgia and romanticism: Strawberry.net
Color 5: Orange :
- Orange combines the energy of red with the happiness of yellow.
- Associated with joy, the sunshine, and the tropics.
- It represents enthusiasm, happiness, attraction, creativity, determination, success, encouragement, and stimulation.
- It is a boiling color, so it produces a warm feeling.
- The orange color vision produces the sensation of more oxygen to the brain, producing an invigorating and stimulating mental activity effect.
- The Orange has very high visibility, so it is very useful to capture attention and highlight the most important aspects of a web page.
- It is a color that fits well with young people, so I highly recommend it to communicate with them.
- It is well suited to promote food and toys. The reddish-orange evokes desire, sexual passion, pleasure, domination, aggression, and desire for action.
Some of the examples on the web:
- It is widely used in web directories
- Citrus color is associated with healthy eating and stimulates appetite
- The orange color makes it an expensive product seem more accessible: Orange, indirect
Color 6: Green :
- It is the color of nature and conveys ecological values; it is an ideology and a way of life.
- Symbolizes youth, loyalty, hope, and promise is the color of victory (crown of olive trees) and luck (clover), the color of the vegetarian world.
- Transmits tranquility (Calm and quiet) and security.
- Green is the favorite color of 16% of men and 15% of women.
- It is versatile, and enjoyable.
- It is a color that usually always works without error.
Some of the examples on the web:
- For Healthcare: Piensaenverde
- Used skillfully by Heineken to convey the meaning of his philosophy.
- Synonymous with travel: Tripadvisor
Color 7: White:
- The color purity is purer and more perfectly transmitted.
- It is the color of birth, resurrection, and peace.
- It has no negative connotations, being a positive, stimulating, bright, and delicate color that transmits chastity, innocence, and truth.
- The white symbolizes the other hand clean
- The buildings of hospitals are also white.
Some of the examples on the Web:
- The advertising world has associated with freshness giving it a meaning cleaning, used funds, and negative spaces of the design, usually to introduce new products and minimalist campaigns: Apple
8. Color: Black :
- Color Black indicates the absence of color,
- without color is regarded as such buying symbolism and depth of the universe,
- the end of things,
- the absence of light, and
- shadow and darkness.
- Next to violet are the colors of mystery and magic.
- It is a symbol of status, elegance, and sophistication.
- Young people are associating black in their cars as fashionable and expensive.
- Its elegance and simplicity make it ideal for fashion campaigns.
Some of the examples on the web:
- It is very versatile and goes with everything.
- It is used by companies both traditional and modern: Nike
- The bright jewels and exclusivity: Cartier- Bvlgari
Online Color Pallet tools
There are many tools to choose your color palette, but do not want to be dizzy with these four tools can identify a color, find the colors that best combine with a photograph, or start defining your color palette.
I recommend these tools to know more details on Color Psychology, Color Theory, and Color Pallets :
- Find a color photo you want. Shutterstock Spectrum
- Want to be inspired by ideas of spectacular color palettes? Design-Seeds
Want to find out which colors have a picture to make an excellent combination?
Upload your photo and presents the colors of your photo.
- IMGR Want to start defining your palette?
- Adobe Color is ideal for when you start, you can go on and on trying new combinations until you find yours. Adobe color
Try Color Mixing
Play and learn to combine colors:
As a bonus, I recommend this application for your mobile or tablet, which is highly addictive and is available for iOS and Android also. They base it on the Combinations of color palettes (if you order the colors properly). It’s a fun way to learn to feel the color and the different combinations you can make. This smart game helps to improve the color mixing and choosing correct combination codes by using the above color theory to capture visitors’ attention. It will open your mind and give you ideas. You’ll have fun. Enjoy it
Color Psychology is an important factor to attract and hold the users or visitors on the web 2.0 technology. Thousands of bloggers are using the Color theory to design attractive Themes or templates or web skins for their blogs/websites. Analyze the above-given blog and choose one good combination and color your blog and get huge success in the blogging field.
Do you have any experiences with the most effective colors to use in your web/blog? Share your experience with us below in the moments.