Are you considering alternatives to Bluehost for your web hosting needs? In this blog post, we will explore some of the top alternatives, and one of the leading options is Hostinger.
Have you been using Bluehost for a long time? If you are not satisfied with their services and support, then this is the right time to change. If you are looking for the best Bluehost alternatives to host your new websites, here is the list of the best alternatives.
Of course, Bluehost is one of the best WordPress hosting providers on the market because this is the most popular web hosting provider and is recommended by WordPress official developers.
What is Bluehost?
Bluehost is one of the largest web hosting companies acquired by EIG (Endurance International Group). The EIG is the company; that acquired small hosting companies and provided their customers with support and services. Bluehost is the oldest hosting company. There are plenty of web hosting companies that provide their online web space at affordable prices. But Bluehost is the most popular hosting solution globally and is officially recommended by the WordPress.org team. Without a doubt, this is the best WordPress web hosting solution right now.
Bluehost is the perfect choice for newbies. But for the leading sites and organizations, Bluehost is not an ideal choice. So You have to go for the top Bluehost alternatives for WordPress sites. I have the very best experience with WordPress experts while I fix advanced issues. I feel it is an excellent experience with a supportive team.
Why Look for Bluehost Alternatives?
The common issue with every web hosting company is Server downtime. Server downtime is the most irritating aspect for every blogger and internet marketer. For e-commerce blog owners, if the server is down for up to 10 minutes, they lose thousands of dollars.
In simple words, “For E-commerce owners, their Bread and butter are dependent on their website.” Of course, no one is perfect in this world.
Suppose you feel Bluehost is not suitable for your blog or business. In that case, there are plenty of online hosting solutions that are ready to provide space with similar offers or even better services at affordable and reasonable prices.
Because of some technical issues a few years back with their servers, thousands of forum threads are generated about the Bluehost negatively. That is a common issue with every high-end hosting, like server maintenance and troubleshooting.
Anyway. If you have any bad experiences like uptime or poor customer support, you can choose good alternatives of Bluehost for the cheapest plan. In the list, I discussed the affordable shared hosting details.
I think you got some clarity about why you need some alternative to Bluehost now. So let us take a look on at the hosting provider’s for an excellent alternative to Bluehost.
First, analyze these two points before migrating your site from Bluehost to another server
- Your server downtime is more than 5 minutes
- Your blog/site going down frequently, and Bluehost customer support is not able to help your issue.
If the above two points are yes in your condition, this is the right time to move your site to another server. Now in this post, I am giving the best and top four good Bluehost alternatives for WordPress hosting.
My Review of Bluehost
If your blog is not running on a self-hosted WordPress platform, you need a suitable web builder to build your site or modify it as you want. In this situation, Bluehost has fully optimized WordPress hosting servers with great security features for your blog or website. I have been using Bluehost for three years to host my websites. I am not facing any problems from the server-side or technical side. Their support is outstanding. Once, I Install WordPress on Bluehost, it makes my blogging journey easier.
But this is suitable for new bloggers who are getting less than 10,000 page views per day. So if you are looking for additional services than Bluehost, there are a few options for you. Before revealing the Bluehost alternative that offers similar features, pricing, and support, you can check out these Pros and Cons of Bluehost hosting. You can read my Bluehost Review here.
What Are the Best Bluehost Alternatives?
I am not recommending Hostgator, Justhost, and Hostmonster because they are part of the Endurance International Group (EIG hosting). Bluehost is also one of the EIG subsidiary brands. So I am not including Hostgator in this alternative list. So, for a better, more sustainable hosting experience for your site, here are our top Bluehost Alternatives for 2022. These alternatives provide the best WordPress hosting and services to their customers. It is guaranteed to deliver the best performance and value for money for many of these companies like Bluehost.
Best BlueHost Competitors List
If Bluehost is down and you’re looking for an alternative, I listed a few non-EIG hosting companies that offer good customer support and hardware quality. Here are the best affordable Bluehost alternatives that save you money.
Hostinger is a leading web hosting provider that offers reliable and affordable hosting services. With a focus on performance, security, and excellent customer support, Hostinger is an ideal choice for individuals and businesses looking to establish their online presence.
- Fast and Reliable: Hostinger ensures high uptime and fast loading times for your website, providing a seamless browsing experience for your visitors.
- User-Friendly Control Panel: With an intuitive control panel, managing your website and hosting settings is easy and convenient.
- Website Builder: Hostinger offers a powerful website builder that allows you to create stunning websites without any coding knowledge.
- Security Measures: Hostinger takes security seriously, offering robust measures to protect your website from threats and vulnerabilities.
- 24/7 Customer Support: If you ever need assistance, Hostinger’s friendly and knowledgeable support team is available around the clock.
Hostinger offers competitive pricing plans to suit different needs and budgets. Their plans include:
- Single Shared Hosting: Starting at $1.99 per month, this plan is perfect for beginners and those with a single website.
- Premium Shared Hosting: Starting at $2.99 per month, this plan is ideal for small businesses and individuals with multiple websites.
- Business Shared Hosting: Starting at $3.99 per month, this plan provides advanced features and resources for growing businesses.
Choose the Hostinger hosting plan that best fits your requirements and get started with your online journey today!
The best hosting plans are included
- Price per month: Starting at $2.99 per month
- Uptime: 99.99%
- Money-back guarantee: 30-day
HostArmada has been the best web hosting provider for three years. It is a cloud platform with SSD-based storage that provides 99.9% uptime. The platform was launched in 2019 and became popular quickly. Nine data centers are located around the world to provide a faster website experience and service.
What are the Features of HostArmada?
- It provides free SSL for all sites.
- Free domain name for one year
- Performing daily backups
- It offers cloud-based SSD storage.
- An unmetered bandwidth
- E-mails and databases are unlimited.
- Migration of your website is free.
- 1-click WordPress install.
- An easy-to-use drag-and-drop builder
- Website caching
- Free Malware Scan and removal tool
- Excellent firewall support
- There is a 45-day money-back guarantee
- 99.9% uptime is guaranteed
- 24/7/365 customer support
Pros and cons of Hostarmada hosting
On HostArmada, this hosting has a few pros and cons.
- There are only a few clients per server at the hosting company, which gives users the best web browsing experience.
- It provides free website migration.
- 9 data centers for a better, fast-loading user experience.
- A free drag-and-drop website builder helps you to create a site easily.
- All plans come with SSD storage.
- From $2.99 per month, you can choose a shared hosting plan. These plans are cheaper than those offered by other hosting companies.
- Unless you cancel your account, you will receive a FREE domain.
- Multiple layers of security firewalls give better security to your website from vulnerabilities.
- Free daily backups to store your website data.
- Easy to use fully managed control panel.
- When you sign up for hostArmada, the promotional pricing plans are valid for the first time.
- Renewal charges will become applicable when the promotional period is over. To overcome the huge renewal charges, it would be better to sign up for 36 months of coverage.
Plans and Pricing
HosArmada offers three different hosting plans Shared Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, and VPS hosting plans with affordable pricing. The shared hosting plans come with three pricing plans. They are
- Start Dock: The best plan to begin your web hosting career. You can host a single website on their 15 GB SSD storage. It comes with 2 GB RAM and 2 cores CPU. It costs $2.99 a month for 36 months. It is powered by NGINX.
- Web Warp: Host multiple websites and extend their availability. It comes with 30 GB SSD storage, 4 cores CPU, and 4 GB RAM. It costs $4.49 per month for 36 months. It is powered by NGINX.
- Speed Reaper: Improve your website’s loading time with Speed Reaper. You can host multiple websites on their 40 GB SSD storage. It comes with 6 Core CPUs and 6 GB RAM. It costs $5.39 per month for 36 months. The hosting is powered by a LiteSpeed server with a Dynamic caching feature.
If you pick the plan for 36 months the monthly pricing is very low.
Dreamhost is one of the best non-EIG hosting companies. This hosting is so famous for its custom cPanel, and it is super easy to use.
They offer advanced hosting services for your site from shared to cloud hosting.
The DreamHost is providing very great uptime, excellent customer support, reliable security, and privacy protection along with its high-performance managed WordPress hosting.
Dreamhost is one of the non-EIG hosting companies. This hosting is so famous for its custom cPanel, and it is super easy to use. They offer advanced web hosting services from shared to cloud hosting. It is the best alternative to Bluehost web hosting.
Along with its high-performance managed WordPress hosting, DreamHost offers very high uptime, outstanding customer service, dependable security, and privacy protection. DreamHost web hosting is recommended by WordPress.org.
At the time of 2011, the quality of hosting was not good. But in the last few years (2014 to 2020), they have gradually improved their hardware and support. Now, this is one of the great bluehost alternatives for WordPress blogs.
Dreamhost offers outstanding services like VPS hosting, Cloud computing, Dedicated server hosting, and Domain registration.
What are the Features of DreamHost?
- It’s easy to use and easy to set up.
- FREE Privacy Protection
- providing one free domain name for the first year.
- Fast SSD Storage and Fast Servers (PHP7, SSD & built-in caching)
- Advanced and Easy-to-Use Custom Control Panel
- Automated Backups
- Free SSL and Cloudflare CDN
Pros and Cons of DreamHost
- It is the Cheapest and most Affordable shared hosting provider
- One Free Domain name
- Excellent and friendly customer support
- Unlimited storage & bandwidth
- SSD Hard disk
- The dedicated hosting plan price is a little high.
- There is no phone support.
- They do not have servers outside the US.
- No email account in the starter plans
- There is no 24 hours support, only from 5.30 AM to 9.30 PM Pacific time. Otherwise, you can use Ticket support.
This hosting has had a good web hosting experience for 18 years. It is one of the great hosting alternatives for Bluehost.
They offer easy-to-understand hosting plans, affordable pricing, and outstanding features that help run a decent-sized website without any problems. It has unlimited features in its hosting packages.
A2 Hosting Company is one of the most comprehensive standing web hosting services in the industry. It is a high-powered web hosting provider with Turbo servers option for up to 20X faster page loads.
Bryan Muthig founded A2Hosting in 2001 with the name Iniquinet. After gaining more clients, they changed their name to A2 Hosting. A2 means Ann Arbor. It is one of the places in Michigan. They started their operation long before any other companies were tracking back to 2003.
You heard it right, 2003 is even before Google search came into existence. This company has established itself as a highly trusted web hosting service, high-performance, and speed.
Why is A2 Hosting a Better Bluehost alternative?
It is one of the best alternatives for Bluehost web hosting. You can read our A2 Hosting review for more information.
What are the features of A2 Hosting?
There are notable features provided by A2 hosting for better performance. Here is the set of features.
- 24/7 Excellent customer support.
- Top-quality developer tools
- Excellent uptime guarantee of up to 99.9%
- Free Cloudflare CDN (content delivery network)
- Optimized SSD Drives to enhance speed and performance
- Free SSL certificate to keep your site secure
- Optimized cloud hosting feature
- Unlimited email accounts
- Single click software installation
Pros and Cons of A2 Hosting
- Unlimited Storage
- Unlimited Data Transfer
- Unlimited Websites
- Unlimited Databases
- 99.9% Uptime
- Solid State Drives
- cPanel Interface
- Free Cloudflare CDN
- HackScan for Perpetual Security
- Optimized WordPress Environment
- Attracta SEO Tools
- Anytime Money Back Guarantee
- 24/7/365 support
- Requires Swift or Turbo Hosting Plan
- Server Rewind Backups also require Swift or Turbo Hosting Plan
- Turbo Server only available with the more expensive hosting plan
Pricing and Plans:
A2 Hosting offers a broad range of pricing and plans. It comes with four different hosting plans according to your needs. They are Shared hosting, Reseller hosting, VPS hosting, and Dedicated hosting. It fits all types of users, from dog owners to most corporate sites. It offers its plans on different levels. They are
This plan has many features like Server rewind backups, 24/7/365 quick support, 25 email accounts, Optimized WordPress hosting, a user-friendly cPanel interface, and more additional features for e-commerce sites.
- Lite: $3.92 per month (Renewal $7.99/month)
- Swift: $4.90 per month (Renewal $9.99/month)
- Turbo: $9.31 per month (Renewal $18.99 /month)
VPS hosting is a kind of web hosting for entry-level sites. The main benefit is that you have the privacy given only to dedicated servers. The additional features are 24/7 network monitoring, European and US options for server locations, full network control, and SSD. If the three US servers go down, you will still be up.
- Pricing: $5.00 – $65.99
GreenGeeks is an eco-friendly, most popular green energy web hosting provider from California.
It is another best and cheap WordPress web hosting provider. The pricing of Greengeeks is similar to Bluehost. As a result, it is the best Bluehost alternative for hosting your website right now. Currently, more than 300,000 websites are hosted on their servers.
The developers are using renewable energy to give power to their machines. It includes SSD RAID-10 Storage, PHP, and built-in caching tools.
They provide excellent customer support to their customers via Live Chat, Email, and phone services. You can read the complete review on GreenGeeks.Their customer support is good and solves most of the technical issues quickly. You can read the Greengeeks review now.
What are the Features of GreenGeeks?
- Cost-effective with affordable prices
- You can host unlimited websites
- Free site migration
- Free SSL and some SEO Tools
- 99% server uptime guarantee
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- 24/7/365 days customer support
Plans and Pricing
Greengeeks is offering four different plans with affordable pricing
|1||Shared Hosting||$2.95/Month||Grab the Plan|
|2.||WordPress Hosting||$2.95/Month||Grab the Plan|
|3.||Managed VPS Hosting||$39.95/Month||Grab the Plan|
|4.||Reseller Hosting||$19.95/Month||Grab the Plan|
Pros and Cons of GreenGeeks
- Scalable hosting plans and packages
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- A considerable resource to learn
- Multiple customer supportive channels
- Uptime 99.9%
- Free website builder
- Perfect Eco-friendly web hosting solutions
- one Domain for one year Free and Free migration
- Only the Linux hosting feature. No Windows hosting choice
- The pricing of VPS hosting is slightly higher
- The pricing system is different if you are not committed to three years
- Cloud Hosting service is not available
HostPapa is a perfect Bluehost alternative. It is a web hosting company based in Canada that is privately owned and offers shared, reseller, and virtual private server hosting.
Hostpapa is America’s number 1 hosting provider with low and affordable prices.
Since 2016, this hosting receiving awards every year for its excellent service, performance, and uptime. More than five million websites were hosted on this server.
What are the Features of HostPapa?
- Free Cloudflare CDN
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate
- SSD Storage servers and optimized for better speed
- 365/24/7 Award-winning PapaSquad Support team
- More than 400+ apps in the 1-click installer
- you can transfer your domain here
- 99.9% uptime guaranteed
- Free website migration
- Free website builder with hundreds of mobile-friendly templates
Plans and Pricing
The plans of HostPapa start from $2.95 to $7.95 per month. It has three WordPress-optimized hosting plans. They are WP starters ($2.95 per month)
|WP Starter||$2.95 /Month||Host 2 sites, 100GB SSD storage||Get Started Now|
|WP Business||$5.95 / month||Unlimited sites, Unlimited SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth||Get Started Now|
|WP Business Pro||$7.95 /Month||All WP business features, Premium Jetpack plugin, Rocket fast servers||Get Started Now|
Pros and Cons
Hostpapa’s product range is limited. There are a few pros and cons of Hostpapa hosting.
- One domain for one year free
- Fast servers (PHP7, SSD & CacheCade Pro 2.0 caching
- Automatic daily backups
- Phone support
- Free antivirus scanning and DDoS protection security
- Quick customer support
- Renewal prices are a little bit high
- Limited data centers
- No Windows hosting
- Only 48 hours of money-back guarantee for monthly plans
- No monthly billing for shared hosting
The company was started in 2011. It is the second-largest web hosting company in the world in terms of web-facing computers.
DigitalOcean hosting received the highest score in their WordPress web hosting survey. It is providing SSD-only cloud servers for its customers. Setting up a WordPress VPS server (Virtual Private Server) is not a complicated process. It is an excellent hosting alternative to Bluehost.
DigitalOcean is an excellent alternative to Bluehost. The company is headquartered in New York City. It provides cloud services that help developers and scale applications that run on multiple computers simultaneously.
Pros and Cons of DigitalOcean
There are a few pros and cons of Digital Ocean hosting providers. Let us see a few points.
- The price and value ratios are perfect
- Instant WordPress is available for one-click installation within 2 minutes.
- It has a fantastic community and useful blog articles.
- You advanced user knowledge to run a VPS hosting.
- They are not providing Windows servers
- No managed servers
- Customer support is prolonged
Plans and Pricing of DigitalOceans
The pricing starts from $5 per month on the basic plan. Other plans are $10, $20, $40 and $80 per month. Whenever you sign up for this hosting, you will get the chance to get free $10 credit in your account balance.
8. InMotion hosting
Inmotion hosting is one of the largest independent web companies globally and was established in 2001, with affordable hosting options.
They are providing a reliable, high-performance hosting environment with reasonable pricing and an easy-to-use setup. This is also for non-EIG hosting companies. It has two data centers – Los Angeles, CA, and Virginia Beach, VA.
InMotion is a trusted hosting company that provides WordPress-optimized services for active bloggers and offers excellent scalability for your blog’s growth. It is perfect and one of the good alternatives to Bluehost that is loved by most people.
What are the Features of InMotion Hosting?
The features of hosting vary from plan to plan. Here are some of the standard features included in all plans.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Free domain
- Great speed and performance
- Unlimited Free email addresses
- Unlimited MYSQL databases
- Free SSD
- Free data backups
- Flexible coding options
- Free CDN and SSL certification
- Free website migration
- 1-Click App installer
Packages and Pricing:
There are three packages available in Business Hosting. They are Shared Hosting, WordPress Hosting, and VPS Hosting. The price value of Shared hosting is given after the discount.
|Disk Space (GB)||UNLIMITED||UNLIMITED||UNLIMITED|
|Monthly Transfers Included (GB)||UNLIMITED||UNLIMITED||UNLIMITED|
|FREE Domain Registration or Transfer||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|FREE No-Downtime Website Transfers||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|FREE Data Backups||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|90-Day Money-Back Guarantee||INCLUDED||INCLUDED||INCLUDED|
|Order Now||Order Now||Order Now|
Here are the prices and plans for WordPress hosting
|SSD Storage||50GB||100GB||150GB||200GB||FREE Server Management|
|Action||Order Now||Order Now||Order Now||Order Now||Order Now|
Pros and Cons of Inmotion Hosting
- Free SSD-Drive included
- The free domain name ($14.99 worth)
- Free website builder with drag-drop feature
- One-click installation features for WordPress users
- Simple and user-friendly cPanel
- 90 days money-back guarantee
- Regular Free data backup
- Price is a bit different, but they have limitations.
- You must pay 12 or 24 months’ price at a single payment—no monthly tariff.
Cloudways is another perfect managed cloud hosting provider and a better alternative for Bluehost for better performance. It offers to choose cloud providers to connect their platforms. Server management is excellent here.
When you sign up for this hosting, they provide a robust, managed environment to manage your eCommerce stores and move your business sites.
You can configure your site as per the requirements with a suitable budget system.
Cloudways work with five different cloud providers. They are DigitalOcean, Vultr, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and Linode
What are the Features of Cloudways?
- It uses SSD servers
- It is using fast loading features technology like Memcache and Varnish
- It uses an inbuilt CDN
- Free SSL certificate
- Automatic regular backups
- Free site migration
Plans and Pricing
The pricing and plans of Cloudways are transparent. It is straightforward and worry-free. Pay-as-you-go plans that work for your business. The cloudways offer 3 days of free trial without payment system details. Of course, it is more expensive than Bluehost prices.
|Server name||Price starts Monthly||Hourly Pricing||Action|
|Digital Ocean||$10||$ 0.0139 /hr||Get the Plan|
|Linode||$12||$ 0.0167 /hr||Get the Plan|
|Vultr||$11||$ 0.0153 /hr||Get the Plan|
|AWS||$36.1||$ 0.0507 /hr||Get the Plan|
|Google Cloud||$33.30||$ 0.0463 /hr||Get the Plan|
Pros and Cons of CloudWays
Here are the pros and cons of Cloudways hosting.
- There is an option to choose more than five cloud hosting services to host your services.
- Simple Control Panel
- 24/7 fast technical team with live chat support 24/7.
- One-click staging for WordPress users
- Using Breeze plugin for easy optimization
- Email hosting is not provided.
- No file manager feature
- No domain registration feature
- If you need more space, you have to upgrade the plan without any tension.
- Limiter SSL certification for 100 sites
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Bluehost suitable for beginners?
Yes. Choosing Bluehost is the perfect option and it is suitable for beginner to advanced users. because the hosting gives beginners beneficial features like 1-click WordPress install, 24/7 support with 99.9% uptime, and a Free SSL for your site.
Is Bluehost the best for WordPress?
Bluehost is the best web hosting with perfectly optimized for the WordPress CMS. It comes with several perks like a staging area.
Why is Bluehost so slow?
There are a few potential reasons why Bluehost might be slow. One possibility is that their servers are overloaded and can’t handle the traffic. Another possibility is that they don’t have enough bandwidth to accommodate all their users. Additionally, Bluehost could be using outdated technology that isn’t as fast as newer options. Whatever the reason, it’s clear that Bluehost needs to address the issue of its slow speeds. Otherwise, they risk losing customers to other hosting providers that can offer a better experience.
Which is better for web hosting, Bluehost or GreenGeeks?
Bluehost is a web hosting company that offers its services at affordable rates. It has been around for years and has a proven track record of reliability and customer satisfaction. On the other hand, GreenGeeks is a newer web hosting company that provides premium quality service at an affordable price. The best answer to this question would be Bluehost because it has been around for longer and has a proven track record of reliability and customer satisfaction.
Which hosting is best for WordPress?
There are a few different types of hosting that are popular for WordPress websites. Shared hosting is a good option for small to medium-sized sites. WordPress.com is a good option for simple websites or blogs. Managed WordPress hosting is a good option for larger sites or sites that receive a lot of traffic.
Final verdict on which is the best Bluehost Alternative
Bluehost has been a leading web hosting company since 2003. The downtime is also acceptable.
I think the above trending features and pricing plans of the above hosting providers will give a better idea of which hosting is suitable as per your needs.
- Best AI Copywriting Tools To Automatically Create Engaging Content
- Basic Steps to Create a Professional Online Presence
- Best ways to promote blog posts for better traffic and ranking
- Best Places of Royalty Free Stock Images for Bloggers
Of course, this is very hard to find the perfect alternative to Bluehost. If you consider the unlimited websites hosting and SSD storage features, I strongly suggest HostArmada, Dreamhost, A2Hosting, and Greengeeks. Their plans and prices are similar to Bluehost.
If you are happy to pay a little bit more, you can take a look at CloudWays, WP Engine, and Digital Ocean. These three are providing the perfect plans for new blogs to substantial traffic sites. Not expensive. Choose the hosting as per your requirements from the above best alternatives to the Bluehost list.
These competitors are sure to deliver amazing performance and value for money.
Share your experience and thoughts about alternatives to Bluehost in the comments section or on the Contact us page.