Are you searching for the best content optimization tools to optimize your old content, existing content, or pre-written content? If so, this article is for you. These are the best optimization tools for content optimization.
Content is one of the powerful ranking factors in search engines. While content is a piece of cake, content optimization is the decoration that the right user needs. For any content you write, a final optimization from the perspective of the user should be done.
And here come these great tools that help you with content optimization to make your optimized copy get ready within minutes, giving you SEO content optimization tips.
What is web content optimization?
Well, SEO is the best way to make your brand popular. Content is an essential factor in making your search engine optimization better. The Google bots give preference to content that is more attractive to users. While writing compelling content is the best you can do, additional optimizations must be made to make scalable content. These optimizations take a round-up against SEO and user intent to well optimize your content.
If you observe or spy on your competitors, they perform on their sites by using their content marketing efforts. You can get a sense of the overall SEO performance to create an effective content strategy to write unique content for your readers.
How do you optimize content?
Well, for fully optimized content, there is a wide range of factors to be considered. You can manually look after all the essential elements to optimize your content, which usually takes lots of effort and time. You can use any optimization tool that helps you optimize your content in less time. It is called “effective content.”
When considering useful content, you need to write content for a different type of user. The best thing about using these SEO content optimization tools is that they allow you to target various users and optimize your content to reach that targeted group of people.
List of Best Content Optimization Tools for Better SEO
With regard to the content optimization software, these come at different plans and prices, from free for a primary customer to several dollars per month for premium users. The following content optimization platforms are some examples, which are similar to the old optimization software to optimize content like Market Muse. It uses machine learning to scan content related to your primary keyword. You can choose the tool that perfectly suits you.
Here are the best SEO tools for content optimization that you can select for better optimization of content. Most of the tools help you optimize content around search intent by providing the best content strategy for the target keyword, which permits you to make your content higher and better.
To use these tools, you have to target the keywords that will make your relevant content rank in Google’s top search results. Thin content is penalized by the latest Google update, but you can achieve higher rankings in SERPs for comprehensive, relevant content. The below twelve SEO content optimization tools will help you from keyword research to written words to optimized content. These are the best tools for content optimization for SEO.
The Frase is a perfect tool you can trust for perfectly optimized content. This tool uses artificial intelligence to do your work with great content. With this tool, you will have three different features.
The first one is the Content Briefcase, which you can use to create a detailed synopsis of the content you plan to write.
With the content optimizer feature available in this tool, you can scan the top-rated articles in Google and use the tool’s suggestions to rank your content in Google.
There are three plans available for users, and the pricing starts at $39. And on the free plan of Frase, you can optimize up to 5 documents. You can try the free trial version to check those features and how they are working. You can perform keyword research.
- The tool is very easy to use and understand.
- The prices are correct for the plans provided by the tool
- They provide the best customer support to the users.
- The free version is limited to only five documents.
- The deletion of created documents is not available in the free version.
2. Website Auditor
A Website Auditor is a tool of SEO PowerSuite. Website Auditor launched the content editor in its dashboard very recently, which is good news for bloggers and SEO analyzers. You can also analyze your content for the best SEO directly from the desktop application, along with auditing your web pages.
To work with this tool, you have to choose the Focus topic and focus term on adding content optimization software. The keyword tool is not available in this auditor. It comes with the Rank Tracker tool, which is a part of SEO Powersuite. Here the Keyword Map tools help you to get the great keywords to map the content analysis.
To measure the performance of the content, you need some advanced tools Google Analytics knowledge. The auditor will give you a complete SEO performance report on on-page optimization, competitor analysis, and basic insights to improve your content performance.
Once you submit your page or Existing content audit in the Website Auditor, the tool crawls the data from Google and collects the TF-IDF data and other ranking factors from the top-ranking pages of google your keyword. It completes the complete content analysis by comparing it with the competitor’s content relevance.
A content editor is another best option in this tool. Recently this feature was updated with the content writer’s friendly version. It helps you to suggest the related keywords which are missing in your content to rank high on Google.
Features of the Content Editor
- In-app content editor
- As-you-type SEO recommendations
- Meta tags editor
- Real-time Google snippet preview
With the data, you can create content to rank on Google. There is a free version of the Website Auditor, which comes with limited features. For the full version, you can subscribe to Website Auditor for $124/year. To try all the premium features of this tool, you can try the 14-day free trial.
- The tool has many advanced features along with a content editor.
- TF-IDF keywords are shown along with content optimization.
- Prices are a little heavy for users
- Limited options are available to export data from apps.
SimilarContent is another tool I have been using for a while. It gave me outstanding results for my web page to rank on Google. It is one of the best content optimization platforms for webmasters and online content marketers, including Bloggers.
You can use SimilarContent tools to analyze your content. Once you provide a range and a keyword to SimilarContent, it crawls the Google search engine and analyzes your page with top-ranking pages on Google. After crawling, it gives a detailed analysis of your page and provides a list of keywords to add or edit to your content.
SimilarContent is an SEO content optimization tool that helps you analyze the content score of top search results, find high-potential keywords, and write content that ranks in Google.
Basically, online content marketers need to create high quality content to drive organic traffic through search engines. Here is the similar content is the perfect match to proceed further.
Features of Similar Content:
- You can optimize your article with the content score (or) keyword coverage score and keywords using real-time analysis with SimilarContent’s Live Text Editor.
- The Rank Predictor is an excellent feature in this tool, which presents the keywords to be ranked in search engines before publishing the content.
- It supports 15 languages.
- Analyze topic difficulty based on LSI calculations and boost your content relevancy score to outrank your competition. Rank with few to no backlinks by maximizing content relevancy.
- Best for Bloggers, Writers, SEO Agencies, and Content Marketers who want to top the search rankings with more relevant content.
SimilarContent does not offer a free version of its tool, but it provides a 7-day free trial to test all the features. The pricing of SimilarContent starts at $9.99 per month.
- The content optimization interface is in an advanced mode.
- It also provides a user-friendly interface.
- It gives you a useful real-time analysis of your focus term and the content you are optimizing.
- The ranking Predictor is another unique feature available in SimilarContent.
- It gives you an accurate keyword relevancy score.
- It is still under development.
- The user interface is in a very light color.
- Keyword trending features are limited, and they do not give any option to choose from the favorite category.
4. Content Studio
ContentStudio is another keyword tool that does keyword analysis on the content you have written for a given keyword. This keyword tool does the content analysis over the top-ranked sites in Google and creates a detailed content analysis.
This content assistant tool also helps you in creating compelling content using the spin rewriter. It checks the search performance for your content in Google and also contains the content performance beforehand.
To use this feature from the content studio, you can enter the composer tab and tap the Blog post option. Once entering the blog post, enter the focus term or focus topic and write or paste the content. The content studio checks the keyword density, search engine optimization, and content length for a specific keyword.
To use this feature, you have to go to the content studio dashboard and choose the composer from the PUBLISH tab. Now choose “Blog Post” to start content optimization.
In the Blog post optimization box, paste your content or start writing content by following their on-page SEO instructions and its Page Score. Once you reach an optimization score of more than 90 or fulfill all the instructions in your content, you can follow the steps to publish this content on your blog directly without having to log into your WordPress blog.
Once done, it gives suggestions for your target keywords to make useful content with user intent. It is also one of the best content marketing tools for content creation and content optimization.
This tool helps you not only with content optimization but also has an excellent social media scheduling feature and content discovery features. Therefore, this is a must-have tool for every blogger and social media influencer. This tool costs you $49 per month. You can try the 14-day free trial before choosing any premium plan.
- Easy to use interface
- The effective content optimization tool
- You can search top trending social posts and blog posts without leaving the dashboard
You can connect multiple social accounts
- Post scheduling is a perfect time saver
- It is a cloud-based app
- Blog integration is possible but does not work with Shopify.
- No Instagram trending
5. SEMRush SEO Writing Assistant
SEMRush also has a personalized SEO content optimization tool known as a Writing Assistant. This tool is perfect for you to use, along with all the other SEO tools (Perfect SEO writing feature). This tool can also scan the top websites ranked on google for a search query and suggested the required changes to make in your content like no words to increase and phrases to include and add related keywords.
The optimization feature comes with four different optional scales. They are Readability, SEO, Originality, and Tone of Voice. These four elements help you optimize your content by showing the color from grey to green.
Many bloggers and SEO experts use SemRush. We all know that SEMRush is an all-in-one SEO tool containing many premium features to build a better SEO for your blog. It comes with a very good keyword research tool and a huge database of keywords constantly updated. Those keywords help you to make your content creation easy and to improve your content and rank higher in search engines.
With all these recommended changes in your content, you can rank on Google’s first pages. This tool provides addons for Gdoc users and WordPress users. They are
- Addon for Google Docs: It helps you optimize the content at the time of writing the document directly.
- SEMRush SEO Writing Assistant WordPress plugin:
- It allows you to maximize your content’s SEO-friendliness and enhance it right from the WordPress dashboard.
- It works with the SEMRush API.
The optimization suggestions and data will depend on the data collected from your Google Analytics. SEMrush is the most popular content marketing tool on the web in 2021.
The pricing of SEMrush starts at $99/month, and this tool is perfect for freelancing bloggers to eCommerce business legends. SEMrush also provides a 14-day free trial where you can enjoy the premium features of SEMrush for free.
- The feature of suggesting LSI keywords is pretty cool.
- Provides your content voice tone feature to check whether your content is optimized for voice searching.
- It also provides you with a list of backlinks you need to create from different domains.
- It helps you in optimizing your content for better on-page SEO
- The user interface is hard to understand and navigate
- Customer support is not so impressive.
6. Hemingway Editor (Optimize for readability)
The HemingwayApp editor is the best tool used by many people, not only in blogging. It is one of the excellent free tools to use anytime. You can directly optimize your content by opening the official website.
The given content optimization software list is not helpful without Hemingway’s editor to achieve a better ranking on Google because readability plays a crucial role inadequate content preparation.
Once you paste the content, it checks the post and grades your content for readability at a grade score of 1 to 10. With the suggestions of the editor, you can improve the readability of your content.
For saving your projects, you can opt for the desktop version. The Hemingway editor’s desktop version is a premium one that comes at a lifetime charge of just $19.99. You can directly publish to content management systems (CMS) like WordPress and Medium with the desktop version. You can export projects to other software like Word and also work without an active internet connection.
- This is a free tool for anyone to access
- It provides you a clean interface without any disturbing ads and pop-ups.
- The desktop version doesn’t need an active internet connection.
- No passive to active
- You have to buy the upgraded offline desktop version.
7. Grammarly (Optimize for reading)
Grammarly is a fantastic tool that helps you write error-free content on any Document. This tool is available for free to any customer, and you can use it anywhere as a chrome extension or a desktop app, or even for a word document.
This tool is better than any other tool available for optimizing your content without errors. You can also add unknown words to the dictionary in Grammarly. The tool is an AI-based functioning tool. Once you paste the editor’s content, it scans your content and suggests the changes like the below image.
The version can check the following significant tasks after uploading the content or copy-pasting.
- Contextual spelling
- Sentence structure
The premium version of Grammarly starts at a price of $11.66 per month where you get additional features to optimize your content for better readability.
- It is one of the best online grammar checking tools that we have tested.
- The free version does the job well, while the premium version is worthwhile.
- For those who write a lot, this tool may help in correcting phrases and grammar checks that usually go unnoticed.
- It is a real-time content optimization tool for grammar checkups.
- It helps you recognize errors and learn from them.
- The Grammarly FREE version insists on upgrading you to premium.
- Monthly plans are a bit more costly than yearly plans.
- It does not work in offline mode.
- Grammarly commonly follows the spelling rules and spelling variants of United States English but not British English or other English dialects.
8. Content Editor from Surfer SEO
Surfer SEO is another best SEO tool for content creators and publishers. It provides complete data to create SEO-optimized content that helps to reach a better place in the search engine than the top 10 competitors’ content on the first page.
By using SurferSEO, you can make the on-page process of on-page SEO easy, fast, and comprehensive. Surfer mainly focuses on on-page SEO using a data-driven model. It checks for significant facts of On-page SEO on the top 50 pages of the search query and gives you a detailed analysis of over 500 factors for ranked pages.
The tool uses machine learning and Natural Language Processors to write high quality content.
You can use these factors to rank for your keyword over other pages. It has a perfect content optimization platform to optimize the old content or existing content from zero to ranking on google. This is one of the most affordable SEO tools on the market.
Yes. The Surfer SEO has the Content Optimization feature available, which is called “Surfer’s Content Editor”. To know more details, check the below video.
It also helps you by providing a detailed SERP analysis for your site. One of the additional features of SurferSEO is the keyword Surfer extension for both Chrome and Firefox users.
With this extension enabled in your Google Chrome, you can track related keywords and monthly traffic for specific keywords for a country.
Of course, this is one of the best google chrome extensions for bloggers and SEOs.
The Chrome extension gives great keyword ideas about the focus term like search volume, CPC, and similarity in related keywords.
The other helpful feature of this extension is, that when you enter the search term in the Google search, it gives the complete details of the first page’s top 10 URLs like traffic, total words used in their content, and the number of ranked keywords without leaving the SERPs.
It comes with content editing features and optimization suggestions, and many more.
Their regular pricing for plans starts at $29 per month (HOBBY Plan), but you can also create a free trial of SurferSEO at just $1 for seven days.
- You can compare your website with other websites ranked on the first pages, and the SurferSEO uses over 500 different ranking factors.
- A list of commonly used keywords and phrases used by other websites is available in the content editor, helping you get content ideas.
- It has multiple viewing options that are SERP view, Table View, and Chart View.
- The workflow is easy, and the dashboard is also easy to access and use.
- It only provides a limited number of queries per day, depending on your subscription plan.
- Only the average matrices of other websites are shown. It does not show exact metrics.
- The content guidelines can not be exported offline or to other software like Google Docs.
9. Rank Math SEO (Social media optimization)
RankMath is an entirely free tool from MyThemeShop optimized to analyze content on the WordPress dashboard. It works simultaneously with your content and suggests corrections to errors in your content. As produced by the gigantic MyThemeShop, this is well optimized to give your WordPress blog good results. The plugin has an inbuilt google autocomplete tool for better keyword suggestions for on-page optimization.
The Rank Math is an SEO plugin that you can add to your WordPress dashboard. This tool helps you in writing SEO-friendly content and rank higher in Search Engines.
You can start using the Rank math SEO plugin by installing it from the WordPress dashboard. If you are new to using this plugin, we have a great tutorial on the Rank math SEO plugin setting and its review in our article gallery.
You can check how to install and how to configure better SEO for your blog.
- Free, lightweight, speed optimized, and user-friendly interface
- Multiple keyword optimization (up to 5 keywords)
- Easy Google search console integration
- It replaces more than five other plugins for redirection, rich snippet,
- Easy to import settings from all types of SEO plugins like Yoast SEO and All-in-one plugin
- It is compatible with all kinds of WordPress themes
- It suggests the internal links with relevant focus terms from your content.
- You cannot revert to your old SEO plugins because rank math has the option to import all the settings from any other SEO plugin. But other plugins do not have this type of import option. So once you switch on to this plugin, you cannot revert.
- Compatibility issues with few plugins
- It is not a fully developed plugin.
10. Squirrly SEO
Squirrly is another best optimization tool and top marketing software to keep ranking in Google for your keywords. Squirrly SEO is one of the plugins from the company tools. This tool helps you to optimize your content for the right users and make it rank well. This tool is specially made for B2B and B2C customers. The plugin has an AI-based SEO content checker to understand your content.
Squirrly SEO is one of its seven tools that aid your business blog or website to rank well on Google. The other important feature is Squirrly Social, which helps you publish excellent content on social media.
The price of Squirrly starts at $29.99 per month. You can also download the Squirrly SEO plugin for free with limited features.
- They provide the best customer support for their customers.
- It also provides a plugin that you can use with WordPress for website analysis.
- The configuration process is quick and easy. And it is also easy to use.
- It provides you with reports that cover most SEO optimization features and analytics on Google rank positions and website organic traffic.
- The prices are very affordable for every plan.
- It does not provide multiple keyword optimization. You can only target one keyword with Squirrly
- LSI keyword optimization is not available in this tool.
- Some of the features in Squirrly require technical knowledge.
11. GDoc SEO Assistant
The GDoc SEO is a free Google Docs add on provided in Google docs, one of the content writing tools for SEO. You can add this extension to the Docs and check the SEO score for the content you are writing. It is an easy tool that opens up on the right side of your content on the GDoc.
Once you open up the GDoc Assistant, it asks you for the keyword. Once you give the keyword, it checks for errors in the document’s content and lists out the details you need to add to rank your content. You can change your content as the suggestions given by the tool.
- You can get an overall SEO score with a single click.
- For better content readability improvement,
- To discover your keyword search volume, trend, and competition
- Critical errors are fixed within your content.
- It helps you get a list of related keywords that attract your target audience.
- It is a lightweight GSuite addon
- Easy to use with Google Docs.
- Instant SEO suggestions help you to know the status of the optimization levels. By following those suggestions, the content becomes SEO and user friendly
- SEO Score and its insights give great information for your target keyword by providing Search volume, trending graph, and competition of your focus keyword
- These Google Docs add on are working well with all browsers.
- Related keywords for the focus term give relevancy to your content. These are like semantic keywords (LSI keywords)
- It works with Google Docs only.
- No addons for browsers like Chrome and Firefox.
- The MS Office Addon is in development mode.
ProwritingAid is an online tool that helps you increase your readability along with grammar. It analyses your content and shows you all the errors to be rectified to make your content readable. This tool also helps in checking Grammar as Grammarly along with the sentence formation structures. You can read my complete review of ProwritingAid.
At just $79 per year, you can improve your readability scores by 70% using this ProWritingAid. The free version of ProWritingAid can also be used, which comes with fewer features than the premium ones. It is also a real-time content optimization tool like Grammarly for better readability. If you plan to buy this tool, here is a significant discount by using this ProWritingAid Coupon code up to 20% off.
- This tool offers all the necessary writing guidelines for your content to rank in Google.
- It has an intuitive panel and all the features and functionalities are on the top bar, making this tool easy to use.
- Compared with other grammar tools like Grammarly and Ginger, the price of this tool is very low and affordable.
- It also provides integrations with editing tools such as Scrivener and Google Docs.
- This tool only supports browsers installed on Windows, and it does not have support for Mac OS browsers. And also, it is not supported by MS Word.
- There are only limited points for plagiarism checking.
Contenteum is another best content marketing software to create content that ranks. You can research, create, schedule, optimize, and publish all your content in WordPress from one dashboard.
Contenteum offers features that can help you optimize your website content efficiently, along with providing keyword suggestions to rank higher on SERP, with built-in grammar and plagiarism checks, scheduling and publishing options, and much more to streamline your content marketing process.
It comes with a free content brief generator. Which helps you generate AI (artificial intelligence) and NLP Assisted Content Briefs by Analyzing The SERPs For Your Keyword.
It is the perfect choice for freelancers, startups, SMEs, agencies, and enterprises.
Features of Contenteum:
- Marketing management: You can manage and organize the content by setting internal deadlines for your writers. It helps you to understand the multi-level approach for the team.
- Create Content: It helps you to create content by using their Content brief feature
- Optimize content: It helps you to optimize the content with its in-built click plagiarism checker, and automatic article status update. Here you will get the important terms and suggestions to use in the article which is collected and calculated with the top 10 competitor URL on the first page. You have to add those terms within your articles as per the mentioned number of times. These are very powerful keywords with AI (artificial intelligence) -assisted optimization suggestions.
- WordPress plugin: It helps you to publish the optimized articles into your WordPress blog directly.
Collaborative writing: You can collaborate with your team by assigning the work.
- It is free to use.
- The content brief is very effective, which helps you to create a complete article synopsis.
It is a web-based service.
- It comes with an internal deadline set.
- Easy topic and keyword generation.
- Automatic update suggestions with updated keywords every time
- You can export the content into word format.
- Keyword research is not up-to-date.
- less documentation
- Sometimes It does not work well with the Grammarly tool.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Is Content Optimization?
The content is an essential factor to make your SEO improve. The Google bots give preference to content that is more attractive to the users. While writing content is the best you can do, additional optimizations must make scalable content. These optimizations take a round-up against SEO and user intact to well optimize your content.
What is Content Optimization Software?
content optimization software comes with different plans and prices, from the free trial for a primary customer to $$ figure per month for premium users. The above optimization platforms are some examples, which are similar to the old optimization software to optimize content like MarketMuse. You can choose the tool that perfectly needs you. In the above list, we discussed a few of the best content optimization software to improve your content performance in search engines.
What Is Website Optimization?
Website optimization is the process of experimenting with the site’s SEO performance and functionality for better improvements to achieve business goals.
How NLP and AI are revolutionizing SEO-friendly content?
Natural language Processing (NLP) is one of the important factors to do SEO on your site. AI (Artificial Intelligence)is the newly implemented feature for SEO-related content generation. Both NLP and AI help you to evolve to guide the SEO-related work like H1 insertion and alt tag identification in Images and building backlinks and many more. Simply SEO + NLP + AI gives 100% better optimized content
Why do you need content optimization tools?
Content optimization tools help you to update old and underperformed content to become optimized and performed content.
Why is content optimization important?
The optimization tools are important because it will increase the chances of your content getting ranked higher in search engines. If you optimize your content, then you can use keyword research tools to find the best keywords for your blog posts and articles. This will help people find what they are looking for easily and give them a positive experience when they land on your website or blog.
Why is content king in SEO?
The content is king in SEO because it has a high impact on the website. The content is like the building block of any website and can help your website rank higher on search engines. As a result, you need to have a lot of original content that will be valuable for your visitors to consume, which can be done by writing blog posts or creating videos.
The free content optimization tools are not just limited to the above-mentioned. There are many other tools in the industry playing a good part in providing optimizations to content. This post will be regularly updated with the tools I find most useful for personalized content optimization.
The above content optimization tips can be used for better SEO in Google. These content writing tools for SEO are must-have content tools for every content writer, SEO content editor, and blogger. If you are a content editor, you have to prepare a content optimization checklist.
Are you searching for content writing jobs? If so, the above tools are beneficial. If you are a newbie, you can check this article for more details on the Best Content writing jobs for beginners from home.
There are hundreds of content optimization software available on the web. So, you have to choose the best tool before you start your content process. You need to select the tool that you need now. Even though the tools play their part, content is what you require handy. Create useful content for users and leave the rest to these tools.
Share this best content optimization tools list for 2022 with your friends on social media.